The Wanted - Battleground | Page 69 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wanted - Battleground

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nate, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I welcome their success in the US with open arms. Say what you will, but if The Wanted and One Direction can bring Brit-pop to the States and be successful....then that means there is a good chance some American A&R rep will be scouring the British charts to find the next big UK act. And that means that the Original Sugababes, Amelle, Nicola Roberts, Will Young, Nadine Coyle, etc. (the list goes on...) might be getting a proper launch in America.

2. If anything like that does happen, it won't be those artists that will be of interest though, they will be looking for more acts that appeal to teen girls i.e. more young male popstars, the Conor Maynards, Olly Murs, Rizzle Kicks, at a stretch maybe Little Mix, The Saturdays and JLS.

I don't think it works like that though, Adele has been huge, Jessie J has done well too, but they haven't exactly gone scouring for more female acts, have they? Both The Wanted and One Direction came with lots of money and their management teams had tons of resources and connections to make things happen for them. The American labels didn't have to do much work, they're just going to wait for more acts like that to turn up on their doorstep.

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I think this song is absolute fun. Definitely falling for these instrumental breaks in pop songs as of late (most of them).

4. Why is it that the mediocre have the money and teams? There is something backwards about it all.

5. It doesn't work for me. What exactly happens?

6. Basically they slate it. The song that is.

8. Someone needs to get you a job in Global Talent's PR department.

9. [​IMG]
    US album cover.
    http://twitter.com/#!/thewantedmusic/status/180028761285210112/photo/1

10. I can see the idea behind the cover and with five other guys it would have worked but in this case, instead of it looking bold, it's a bit sinister looking. The band's looks aren't exactly their strength so an artistic cover that focuses on their faces was never a good idea.

11. Too much photoshop but still nice.

12. And I forgot to post before... GYC has gone platinum in the US.

13. Liking the album cover. I'll definitely be getting a physical copy to help them.

14. The Us album cover separates them from One Direction image wise, so i'll say yes to that.

15. [​IMG]

The album cover reminds me of this.

16. They've made Max look like Shane from Boyzone, and Siva is totally the Vanessa of the group, hidden away in the corner looking in.

In fact, why is Siva hidden at the side? He's gorgeous. Front and centre!

17. I would have thought Westlife set the template for incredibly dreary uninspired album covers:

[​IMG]

They could at least do something weird like this:

[​IMG]

I quite like the new Wanted cover though, although airbrushed beyond recognition.

18. Was just about to say something like this. Siva is so underrated. He's beautiful.

Siva and Max are the only prettyful ones, and therefore should be taking centre stage in a cover like this. But Max doesn't have the best voice, so I don't know why they portray him as the lead singer. His voice is irritating.

19. Well after seeing that Queen cover I'm definitely not sleeping tonight.

20. Siva looks a bit like Grace Jones in that photoshop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.