The Wanted - Battleground | Page 72 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wanted - Battleground

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nate, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Timeline:

NKOTB blow up > Get Huge > People get sick of them > they start flopping > nothing > Take That appear and only pick up with their 3rd UK single, trying US only after Back For Good became a US radio hit a la One Of Us, Give Me A Reason, Hootie etc - nothing to do with boyband marketing.

2. JLS were playing Six Flags amusement parks which is hardly anything like The Today Show, Ellen, Saturday Night Live, etc in addition to the tours that The Wanted and 1D are doing.

3. Really? I know JLS are hardly the most popular act on this forum but their first single in America, "Everybody in Love", is certainly on a par with the likes of "Glad You Came" and "What Makes You Beautiful".

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

They should have tried/try with She Makes Me Wanna.

5. I agree Everybody In Love is one of their best singles, I also One Shot is underated!

When are TW appearing on Jay Leno?

6. Tomorrow & they're also releasing "Gold Forever" tomorrow on itunes.

7. Really! I find their entire discopgrahy completely and utterly insipid and horrid. And I'm by no means a music snob, I'm all for generic, trashy, sleazy, etc, all those things people look down on. I just think JLS are exceptionally shit (when they had no need of being so shit, I really don't understand 1. why their material is SO weak 2. why they're so successful with it).

8. Wasn't it about some woman old enough to be Tom's mother that Tom "disrespected" or slagged off or something?

9. Im sure it;ll be outside performance & i cant wait to see the fans singing along to singles thats never been released in america yet.

10. From the comments I gather the other people are Reality TV personal i.e famous for nothing.
    So the pic of them reading about themselves in a mag is what made Tom fire the first shots. Given his attitude it's not surprising and the other guy came off like a bigger twat actually but it was all so unnecessary.

11. Tom showing himself to be a total idiot. What a shock.

12. It's a shame the TOWIE guys don't know about the whole Global Talent thing. It would have been amazing if one of them threw it back in his face. I really don't understand how they can be so twatty when they've done very little for their own fame and success.

13. Erhm they didnt work hard for their fame & success? that could be said about every pop group or some solo artist with brilliant management team behind them.

14. Let's not get into this all over again. Not every management company has a massive radio network to fall back on and are willing to spend a ton of money on one act. It's really that simple.

15. Definitely. Glad you Came is harrrrdly much better than any JLS track!! Perleaze.

16. It is. It really is.

17. Exactly. JLS haven't got anything that evens comes close to it.

18. It's so much better than most JLS tracks. The only ones that come close are One Shot and Eyes Wide Shut.

19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Glad You Came is so much fun. JLS make me want to consider jumping off of a four-story house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.