The Wanted - Battleground | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wanted - Battleground

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nate, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope it can reach a new peak position of no.2 this week that would be brilliant.

2. Its 61 on Us Itunes which is a good start.

3. The Wanted Reveal Next Single, 'Gold Forever'
    New song will follow platinum single 'Glad You Came"

4. [​IMG]

They're really Glad You Came! TheWanted are mobbed by fans as they jet into LAX

It appears that America just can’t get enough of British boy bands.

After One Direction caused chaos in New York earlier this month with their US television debut TheWanted arrived to a heroes' welcome at LAX earlier today.

Max George, Nathan Sykes, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness and Tom Parker were greeted by hordes of fans as they landed at the airport.

[​IMG]

Despite being tired after their long flight the five band members spent time chatting to fans, posing for pictures and signing autographs.

George,23, tweeted: ‘Great seeing all the fans at LAX....... WHAT A WELCOME THAT WAS!’

Meanwhile, Jay posted: ‘Big cheers to the fans at the airport/hotel! You're better company than our tour manager by faaaaaaaar!’

TheWanted are currently at number 2 in the iTunes chart in the US with their single Glad You Came, and Gold Forever wis released today in America

more pics here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ed-mobbed-fans-jet-LAX.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

5. Can you just post the link the article, rather than the whole thing?

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Well damn.

Nice to know that even in real life, Siva is the most beautiful one.

7. "Glad You Came" is the First Top 3 hit by a UK pop group since Spice Girls' 'Say You'll Be There' in 1997. I hope they can go up to no.2 next week *fingers crossed*

8. there latest single for state is bad choice,
    they were better of releasing warzone invincable last to know
    or even "All time low" for the states to get sample of there last great europe hit
    the latest video even looks boring.

Molly

9. Glad You Came is up to 9 on billboard hot 100.

10. You mean 3, right?

I'm surprised there hasn't been 'British invasion' hysteria in the US music press. The top twenty now boasts Adele, The Wanted, One Direction, Calvin Harris, Jessie J...

11. Can anyone in the UK help me locate a copy of said album? I was under the impression we'd see a re-release, but based on the threads in the other sections, doesn't seem likely. I should have ordered this when it was still available on Amazon UK, but I can't find it anywhere now.

Anyone see it in any local shops? Have an extra copy? Want to sell me your copy (as long as it's in great condition)?

P.S. I'm in California, FYI.

12. They've landed a spot on American Idol!

13. The single will surely drop down the chart right after transmission!

14. Really?? Damn Thats brilliant but i wonder what they'll perform?

15. They have just released "Gold Forever" in the US??

How random? The video is full of comic relief red noses, I would have thought it would be the least likely to translate to the US. It is one of their better songs at least....

Still would have preferred "Lose My Mind" of "All Time Low"

16. Think its just a buzz track.

17. I hope the amecandol performnce can give "Glad You Came" some extra boost in sales. Airplays is still very strong and keeps increasing.

The Wanted on the cover or Billboard magazine

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/bli_03312012_2.jpeg

18. Daaaaaamn!!!!

Airplay Update:

5. THE WANTED - Glad You Came: 120.499 (+ 2.732)

19. ugh please let that AI performance give this song a well needed boost to #1.

20. Yeah that would be superb and their performance on "Mtv Springbreak" is airing today on Mtv so i hope for a boost from that one also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.