The Wanted - Battleground | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wanted - Battleground

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nate, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just saw this and secondhand embarassment; I go to school with the girl in the top right corner. She literally stalks those boys :| She followed them from Vegas to L.A. to NY :X

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Horrific.

3. Glad to know then that they don't actually have a huge fanbase, but the same crazy girls following them all over. I thought my twitter timeline had busted out with a ton of The Wanted news and praise, but it was just one person retweeting everything they saw about them. How annoying.

4. sajjadali

sajjadali Guest

Seriously they're not worth stalking.

I'd rather chuck £1 in the bin then let them share it with each other.

In my opinion,i dont think they're very good on the whole but admit they've had a few good songs, and also i think they're majorly up themselves. One Direction whose album i have praise for,i dont like them individually at all. They seem abit up themselves too, but not as much as The Wanted.

Sorry but boybands make me mad - Mcfly, Westlife, JLS i could go on they feed on what we see in that picture, and as a result amazing pop such as So good, Insatiable, Download It, Surrender Your Love, Beware of The Dog, Desire stuggles....boybands have it easy they can literally release any old parp and it'll do well (Club Is Alive)
    I still havent forgiven Mcfly for winning Best Pop Act 2005 over Girls Aloud

Girl groups have to work it,they either are amazing or they flop. The Saturdays AND sugababes have recently shown this struggle,boyband rarely flop it's so annoying.
    This USA craze over these 2 boybands makeme annoyed.I would never buy a record from any of these sort of acts. I admit glad U Came is an amazing song.

5. sajjadali

sajjadali Guest

Ps

How the heck do they secure those slots on

X Factor (twice now) even they got to perform in their debut year and they had just 1 number 1 single. Acts like Nadine, The Saturdays, Sugababes, who have had success in the past have never been let on but they got to be on twice HOW!?

Ellen - why!

American Idol! why

How the heck do they do this, they are not one of the biggest acts in the UK, Girls aloud wern't allowed on XF untill they where in their fifth year. Are they related with modest management or something, is not right here. Major pop acts in the UK have been denieda slot on XF - they did not come from it, so why and how do they get all these performances! its helping them to make them massiver.

6. Let's be honest. The only reason, why the two boybands who are having success at the moment are successful, is that someone with a lot of pull and influence in radio and management wants them to be a successful investment.

They're successful because they got a push that they normally wouldn't have gotten, so now America is reminded that we, most of the time, like fun and catchy generic boybands, and then we'll go back to liking whatever female artist is doing something right. Success doesn't translate to influence, and I doubt they'll be around long past 2012. They should probably consider themselves lucky that they got a push when nearly every popular female artist was at the end of the hype train for their projects.

7. I don't think it's just a question of being pushed. I don't think Girls Aloud would ever have been relevant in America, let alone worldwide, had they just been given the right 'push'. I also don't think boybands' audience matches exactly that of whatever female artist.

8. Capital.

9. That's kind of the point. Their "audience" is not nearly as big for them to get this amount of success. Their at an advantage being big in literally one of the deadest periods in recent years. They're the only thing out there for the public to latch onto.

10. Or maybe people just like cathy pop music?
    And any audience is a good one, I mean don't acts want the public (whether it's teenage girls or not) to buy their music?!

11. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Glad You Came is not a typical boyband song aimed at girls.
    I'd say half it's US audience is frat guys, etc.

12. My thoughts also. It transcends the usual "girl I love you" bollocks. It's quite a good little club song.

And the title has connotations.

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Yeah I think half it's audience is people that like Taio, BEP, Guetta, Chris Brown, LMFAO, Minaj gaypopdancestompers.

They don't even care who sings it.

14. Ugly boybands always do well in America, look at N*Sync, O-Town and The Jonas Brothers.

15. Hahaha, no boy band could be worse looking than O-Town but yeah, The Wanted are pretty hideous, apart from Siva.

16. At least O-Town had the flawless All Or Nothing in their discography. Let me know when any of the modern-day boybands ever do anything half as good!

[​IMG]

Plus, the middle and right to the middle boys are pretty tasty.

17. I think Nsync win ugliest boyband ever by a mile.

18. I think Nsync win ugliest boyband ever by a mile.

19. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

This and What Makes You Beautiful are doing well because they're catchy, universally-appealing pop songs, end of. As soon as I heard the synth riff in "Glad You Came" I knew it could smash around the world if given a push.

20. There have been hundreds of songs just as catchy and universal which have gone nowhere, it isn't as simple as that. These songs have been given more than a simple push.

I don't think things will be over that quickly, especially in The Wanted's case where their management will just keep trying, they have the resources to do so. I can see both bands lasting a good few years. There will inevitably be a decline as there has been with JLS but I can't see that happening for a good while yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.