The Wanted - Word of Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distinctly average. Too repetetive. It's a shame, even if understandable, they are copying "Glad You Came" rather than any of their better songs like "Lightning", "Lose My Mind", "Gold Forever" or "All Time Low".

I like it, it totally follows the current (trancey) bandwagon, but its okay for me.
Cannot really figure Kylie out singing those stadium chants though, I dont think the song would have suited her, but I would love to hear her laying down vocals over beats like that!

The verses are much, much better than the chorus. The \'oh-oh-oh\'s get rather annoying after a while. It\'s a good song though, and I can see it becoming a hit.

It feels like such a watered down Glad You Came, so disappointing!

They really need to push properly into dance-pop rather than bordering on the edge.

Great track..think it will be a grower. I wasn\'t keen on Glad You Came when I first heard it and now I think it\'s amazing.

Why are all the rips so poor quality though? It\'s a little odd!

I kinda wished that the next song would sound a bit different but they probably just want to make sure that their new fans thanks to \"Glad You Came\" like it as well. This will definitely be a huge hit.

Opened a US iTunes account awhile ago and juts bought this. I LOVE it. Think il buy the EP next week to be honest!

Guys sorry for the double post but I actually love their songs at the moment and I also love the US iTunes account haha, so I wanna buy their EP next week but you can use complete my album so which are the songs to download at the moment for that cause I don't wanna end up buying ones that can't discount the EP next week but I would love to buy the ones that do right now cause that will give them some sales over in the US (albeit very small). So I have Chasing The Sun and I can get (I presume): Lightning, Heart Vacancy, Gold Forever. But what about Glad You Came? And All Time Low?? I think All Time Low would be dodgy because there is no plain "All Time Low" $1.29 single.

I love Chasing The Sun I think The Wanted are underated on Popjustice, they have made alot of great pop tracks.

What did you all think of Battleground I have not listend to it yet, what are the best songs?

I love Chasing The Sun I think The Wanted are underated on Popjustice, they have made alot of great pop tracks.

What did you all think of Battleground I have not listend to it yet, what are the best songs?

Besides the singles which are all ace, my personal favourite is Xenomania produced I'll Be Your Stregnth (there's one part when the song gets a new layer, which reminds me of Call The Shots, really beautiful). Also bonus tracks Turn It Off and Where I Belong are great.

It's really a good album, the only problem is the tracklist, I made my own.

Nathan annoys me and I don't understand the people who think he's really attractive, it's just like no ew, he looks like a rat and his weird attitude as a badass makes no sense because he doesn't look like he can back it up. Other than that, Fairly good performance and I like the sun.

So this performed this acoustically on Vh1s Big Buzz Morning show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0i9gIWxErg

Pretty good. The video is gonna premiere MTV tomorrow night
It's currently sitting at #94 on itunes.
I'm hoping they get an outdoor performance on 'Today' but i've a stronger feeling it's going to be in studio. They also got 'The View' on Wednesday. And Jay Leno on the 27th.
I read that 'insiders expecting the EP to do about 50,000 first week. I don't expect more than 80k.

Oh and 'Glad You Came' has gone 2x Platinum in the US.
They also did an acoustic perf. + interview of it on a Morning Radio show
http://www.elvisduran.com/pages/whatwetalkedabout.html?feed=136656&article=10069965

Last edited:
I love The Wanted but this song is such a letdown. It just sounds like a football chant.
They should've released "The Weekend" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.