The Wanted - Word of Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scissor Sisters sounding song with a rugged boyband is not good for not only their image, but their discography when this single tanks.

Gonna be a good 3rd album?

They should wear blonde pigtails wigs and blue and white polka dot dresses in the video, it will complete the picture I have in my head.

Relight My Fire 2012? They must be really comfortable in their own skin and career to pull off this über-gay song. It could MAYBE work in Europe, but I have a hard time seeing this making it in the US. The chorus sounds pretty awful, Scissor Sisters/Bee Gees type of falsetto ain't cute.

So what u guys think, is the world ready for an über-gay club banger?

She/her
Their falsettos are terrible. Such a shame because the intro of the song was actually pretty god, but then it hit the chorus...and Ugh, awfulness.

Singing in falsetto doesn't make a song gay. Some of the best R&B singers in the world have sang in that vocal range, and have made incredible music for many years. What a ridiculous comment.

he/him
Hahahaha. But I've thought that all of their singles are shit and they're all massive so this will probably go to #1.

He was clearly trying to reach the notes that Ina does on the demo, like he was ever going to match that banshee. The production rehashes what we've heard before from them. There's no progression and it's not very well sung but it'll obviously still do well. Sigh.

Singing in falsetto doesn't make a song gay. Some of the best R&B singers in the world have sang in that vocal range, and have made incredible music for many years. What a ridiculous comment.

Castrated falsetto vocals + 70's Disco inspired 90's club = GAY

She/her
He was clearly trying to reach the notes that Ina does on the demo, like he was ever going to match that banshee.

At least her vocals aren't louder than his vocals...Actually, I don't think her vocals were kept...for once.

I actually like it. I feel like it has some scissor sister element to it. Like it much more then than Glad You Came and Chasing The Sun. However, the beat hidden in the back sounds a bit too much like Glad You Came

Status
Not open for further replies.