The Weeknd - After Hours | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - After Hours

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Everyone should work with Daniel Lopatin at some point in their career teeb

2. After Hours is such a thrilling slow burn.

Wishlight, nbtsa, tea and 10 others like this.
  3. Honestly the SNL performances completely reignited my interest and got me to preorder the album so well done king

I also love the cover

4. The cover grew on me after the short film. It’s hard not to at least appreciate the fact he’s so committed to this concept/character, and I’m excited to see where he takes it

Wishlight, tea, An Insider and 6 others like this.
  5. He worked on Blinding Lights too。

EarCondom likes this.
  6. I'm 100% into the whole era so far. The album cover is brilliant, Blinding Lights is exactly the type of 'big' pop he excels at (the synths!!!!), and After Hours feels like a more polished version of his earlier, moodier work. The only thing that isn't really sticking with me is Heartless, but everything else is just so good. Abel better come through and deliver a proper big pop girl era.

Wishlight, nbtsa, tea and 5 others like this.
  7. Can he come home after and ************ me?

Subwaykid, Andy French and sesita like this.

8. Rumours this might be track 11 on the album.

9. I’d have been here for another Lana feature but oh well.

10. I didn’t realize this was coming this week for some reason

• "Alone Again" 4:10 (The Weeknd, DaHeala, Illangelo, Frank Dukes)

• "Too Late" 3:59 (The Weeknd, DaHeala, Illangelo, Ricky Reed)

• "Hardest to Love" 3:31 (Oscar Holter, The Weeknd, Max Martin)

• "Scared to Live" 3:11 (Oscar Holter, The Weeknd, Belly, Max Martin, Oneohtrix Point Never, Elton John (sample) & Bernard JP Taupin (sample) )

• "Snowchild" 4:07 (The Weeknd, DaHeala, Belly, Illangelo)

• "Escape from LA" 5:55 (Mike McTaggart (potential sample), The weeknd, Illangelo, Metro Boomin)

• "Heartless" 3:18 (Illangelo, The Weeknd, Metro Boomin, Dre Moon)

• "Faith" 4:43 (The Weeknd, Belly, illangelo, metro boomin)

• "Blinding Lights" 3:20 (Max Martin, Oscar Holter, The Weeknd, Belly, DaHeala)

• "In Your Eyes' 3:57 (Oscar Holter, The Weeknd, Belly, Max Martin)

• "Save Your Tears" 3:35 (Oscar Holter, The Weeknd, Belly, DaHeala, Max Martin)

• "Repeat After Me (Interlude)" 3:15 (Kevin Parker, The Weeknd, Oneohtrix Point Never) WTF

• "After Hours" 6:01 (DaHeala, Mario Winans, The Weeknd, Belly, Illangelo)

• "Until I Bleed Out" 3:10 (The Weeknd, Metro Boomin, Oneohtrix Point Never, Prince 85 & Notinbed)

11. 4 Max Martin tracks? I'll give it a spin.

Wishlight, ALEX, Dr Pop and 3 others like this.
  12. So the Tame Impala track is only an interlude? I have to laugh.

In other news, I bought a ticket for his tour in November yesterday. Probably getting Dua’s money back so....

13. These are just writing credits, no? “Save Your Tears” was the track that leaked produced by Kevin Parker.

14. Aww, cool! Very excited to hear the track then. Fortunately we really won’t have to wait for long.

15. I'm legit excited to hear this album as a cohesive body of work. By far my favourite male artist.

An Insider and sesita like this.
  16. He always delivers for me so I’m beyond perched for this album. King of aesthetics.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  17. Is this already out in New Zealand?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.