The Weeknd - After Hours | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - After Hours

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. The first half of the album is solid but the second half is immaculate. The run of bops from Faith to Save Your Tears and then following it up with the Kevin Parker collab.
    [​IMG]

2. The interlude is the best song on the album. I love the production on “Save Your Tears” (very Hot Fuss) but the lyrics are vapid.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    spaceship likes this.
  3. In Your Eyes is the one. Absolutely massive.

I've only disliked one song so far which is the first time for a Weeknd album for me.

sesita, Wishlight, Daniel L and 3 others like this.
  4. Save Your Tears is the standout track for me on first listen. I'm absolutely in love with that one.

The sonic soundscape he created on the whole record is great.

5. I just blasted through the Max Martin tracks first.

In Your Eyes is good, but it's... very safe? I kept expecting it to go somewhere. Hardest to Love passed me by completely. That unnecessary Elton John sample in Scared to Live is a damn mess. Girl.

Anyway Save Your Tears is incredible and should've been the push single here.

6. I still think the title track and Blinding Lights are by far the best things on here. It’s certainly listenable but I thought the first half of the album was predictable/tired, as much as I love Trilogy/Kiss Land The Weeknd I think it’s apparent that on the whole his pop songs are way more interesting than his more R&B songs nowadays.

7. If ever there was an artist who could benefit from a double album...

kingbm likes this.
  8. Imma listen today and pretty excited reading all these posts.

9. He chose the perfect singles. Faith is also amazing.

Wishlight and godspeed like this.
  10. This pretty much slaps and I´m just halfway through.

11. I've just started listening to this and Alone Again has already got me like

[​IMG]

12. Sam

Sam

Got this on repeat while I work from home today. Really fantastic stuff.

13. Great album! It’s a mood. Faith and obviously In Your Eyes are amazing but so far no dud found.

14. Very this.

15. It sounds like a solid record with cohesive sound, which is something he needed. Faith and Too Late are immediate standouts for me after first listen and I'm ready to dive deeper into this album.

ysev likes this.
  16. Imagining Julia Fox strut through the streets of NYC with a gym bag full of money is making this album sound better.

17. When I tell you I screamed at

Futuristic sex
    Give her Phillip K dick

[​IMG]

A lyric!

18. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

The Phillip K dick line afgsj.

Anyway I’m enjoying this a lot more than I thought would after the redundant lead singles.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  19. I really want to love this but I struggle to make out 80% of the lyrics. Fucking annunciate clearly people!!

20. I have to confess I skipped on tracks that didn't grab me in the first minute!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.