The Weeknd - After Hours | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - After Hours

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. “Climax” is literally one of my favourite songs of the past decade so I’m just having a kii that its streaming numbers are probably going to blow up. He deserved better back in 2013!

Wishlight, An Insider, ALEX and 10 others like this.
  2. Indeed the song deserved to do better but the girls acting like it was this flop, unknown song is a kii in itself; top 5 in the UK, top 20 in the US and was rightfully featured in plenty end of year lists with a Grammy for best R&B performance to top it off.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  3. Every now and again I remember this exquisite piece of music (and get annoyed it isn’t available on Spotify).

Wishlight, ALEX and Aidan like this.
  4. King posted he was listening to his best feature earlier on Instagram

[​IMG]

5. This was a very good prototype of the Starboy/After Hours sound that would come to be.

Wishlight, Rem, Hyrulian and 7 others like this.
  6. A strange thing happened after all this talk about Climax.
    I'm currently being one of those boring people posting IG stories for the 30 Day Song Challenge thing and I noticed someone unfamiliar had looked at one of the posts. It was some guy called Elijah Blake. He had a blue tick next to his name so got curious and googled him... turns out he's a co-writer for Climax.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Usher scamming his way onto Gaga's telecast line-up from all this recent promo.

8. “Intermission”

Dreampopboy likes this.
  9. Yas now listen to this immaculately Purity Ring produced masterpiece:

His albums were solid if I remember well.

10. The Major Lazer remix is enjoyable enough but feels a bit lazy and then goes totally off the rails near the end.

11. I hate that Tik Tok trend with straight white males dancing to Blinded by the Lights. Kill it with FIRE

KingBruno likes this.
  12. This screengrab with this song is such a specific intersection of faggotry that we have no choice but to stan.

13. Just got round to listening to this album and whew that one-two-three punch of Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes & Save Your Tears is quite special isn’t it? Melodic synth bliss.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Bobbyrae, Mikal, wickedbruv and 4 others like this.
  14. What an era.

Conan likes this.
  15. Blinding Lights has topped the charts in 29 countries so far, which should be his own new record (Starboy previously peaked at #1 in 19 countries). I don't see the song reaching a 11x platinum level of success a la The Hills, but it is really becoming his biggest worldwide hit. Now re-release that perfect 11 that is False Alarm please and thank you.

Conan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.