The Weeknd - After Hours | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - After Hours

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

2. Oh my god

Andy French likes this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

What...is going on

4. The Weeknd is writing and starring in next week’s American Dad

Verandi and 2014 like this.

5. Is Abel campaigning for ha place in BPG 2020?

6. He’s basically one of the only ones running a campaign at the moment, next to Dua, so it shouldn’t be too hard nn

Mr Blonde likes this.
  7. I mean he didn’t lie here

Smooth Criminal and djmakemewet like this.
  8. Loving "In Your Eyes" but can't help thinking they've shot their bolt too early with it, with the video being out already and everything, because chart-wise it's being overshadowed by "Blinding Lights". I suppose it's not a big deal if it's a sleeper hit but it deserves to be a number 1. It's odd that in the UK it's A-listed on R1 and R2 but it's continuing to slip down the chart.

And why does he have to be so weird in his videos.. the dancing with the head bit is really off-putting.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    upu likes this.
  9. The videos are are part of one storyline - If you watch them in order with the After Hours short it sort of makes sense as to why the character he’s playing is like that - mainly due to drugs and the effect of that.

I read somewhere, can’t remember where now that In Your Eyes when the character dies and you watch Until I Bleed Out that he’s in some sort of purgatory - with other characters from the previous videos

godspeed and upu like this.
  10. Oh I know it's clever and it's art etc.. but I'm not digging the drugged-up killer theme.

11. I mean, it’s essentially a dramatic retelling of his actual life, so. And drugs are a major topic in all his music.

hollaa01 likes this.

12. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

13. I missed the bit about his head being chopped off by a girl he was stalking!

14. “dramatic retelling”

Mr Blonde likes this.
  15. I know..

16. His visuals are pretty perfect this era, though. Teen me would’ve lived for the edginess.

johnoclock likes this.
  17. Complaining about gratuity from The Weeknd is a bit of a head scratcher.

Rem, dvno, hollaa01 and 10 others like this.
  18. Expecting the Weeknd not to sing about drugs, sex, and hating yourself is like going into a Lana album not anticipating a reference to Topanga etc.

19. Hardest To Love finally clicked with me!

4Roses and hollaa01 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.