The Weeknd - After Hours | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - After Hours

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Doja did a good job. I just wish she was in the chorus too.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  2. Damn I really liked the remix, it also helps that the song is a 10 on its own. They both did that!

spaceship likes this.
  3. Yeah I was going to say the same, her verse was great but I was hoping for a joint chorus at least for the final one...

Bruno Ferreira and BrokenHearts like this.
  4. Why was she not on the chorus. She needed to be on the chorus for this to be a perfect collaboration. It's still a 9/10 though.

5. Save Your Tears is such a beautiful song.

My second favourite after Blinding Lights

spike3271, Slamb and BricksAndStrings like this.
  6. She left me craving for more of her vocals in chorus, that would be gorgeous.

7. She sounds beautiful on this! But I do agree that I wish she sang in the chorus too, maybe some more ad libs. She disappears right after her verse.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  8. Personally, I actually find it kind of grim. The Savage remix was leaps and bounds better than the Say So remix but it was unnaturally driven to number 1. I wasn't against Ariana x Bieber getting the top spot, it's a cute song, but then we've got a criminal crying that he didn't get number 1 when he shouldn't have even been on the chart at all, yet people are streaming his music (I've seen so many people post the song, with "he's a bad person, but the raps good" narrative in the comments).

What do I know, but it feels to me the Hot 100 is very much a monopoly at the moment. The likes of Drake then making songs just targeted at Tik Tok to get a hit..

BrokenHearts likes this.
  9. I totally agree, she should be on the last chorus. I like it anyways a
    It depends how you look at it. You have Dua, The Weeknd, the chart battle between Doja and Megan, next week Gaga x Ariana vs this.

10. What you’re saying is look at it positively and you’d be right!

A good old chart battle is always fun (as long as Number 3 isn’t involved of course.) I love the climb to potential Number 1 too (like Bodak Yellow).

Back to The Weeknd..

BrokenHearts likes this.
  11. Love that Doja's verse has a completely new structure and is longer. Shame the song itself and outro have been shortened and that she doesn't harmonise. But banger status remains firmly in tact. Hoping for a smash!

12. I mean I hope the Doja verse brings more attention to the song and it smashes, because it’s a 10\10, but I don’t think she improves it by shortening the outro which was the best bit.

upu likes this.
  13. The Hills was kind of a cultural reset. The bass, the pointless remixes with Eminem and Nicki, the conspiracy theories that it was about Ariana...

14. What was this?? I totally missed it

15. Take it with a grain of salt but...

An Insider likes this.
  16. And only half of them were @mindtrappa. An achievement!

Bslg17, sesita and mindtrappa like this.
  17. This is interesting, but I choose not to believe it dd They would kinda make a hot couple, though.

18. The accuracy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.