The Weeknd - After Hours | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - After Hours

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 26, 2019.

1. The Hills remains that taint slammer. Hard to believe it’s been five years!

2. I’ll never forget hearing “The Hills” when it was called “Mood Music” via some LQ clip of him performing it live

3. The Hills remains one of the weirdest #1s ever. I can’t believe that was a pop radio hit.

Hyrulian, 4Roses, SMG and 15 others like this.
  4. The Hills is incredible. I saw him when he was touring Starboy and the stadium was quaking when he performed it. A smash hit indeed.

5. They replaced the Doja remix of In Your Eyes with the original on Today's Top Hits. (It lasted one week on the playlist)

6. Do you think it’s because of her recent controversies? Awkward cause they share the same management.

spaceship likes this.
  7. Probably. Did the remix get any traction last week?

spaceship likes this.
  8. Yeah, it’s definitely awkward but I also think that the remix didn’t get a lot of hype anyway and it ruined the song’s structure.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  9. -M-

-M-

I get why they put out that Doja remix from a promo perspective, but musically, it was completely unnecessary. The song is pretty much perfect as it is and doesn't require a feature.

jtm, Digital_Fossil and spaceship like this.
  10. I hope ya'll don't go at me for this because this is purely about the song, but I'd rather of had a Lana collaboration for this than Doja. Don't get me wrong I actually like Doja's contribution but she doesn't really elevate the song enough for me to want to listen to that version.

11. I’m not sure Lana would have added much either beyond some sighs maybe? It’s just not her vibe. Doja’s verses were great, but it didn’t help that they largely left the track untouched. A collab like that deserved a bit more.

sesita likes this.
  12. I don't think this song's delicate and glamorous enough for Lana.

jtm, JasonJay, Sam and 6 others like this.
  13. I lowkey think the Doja remix is better than the original nn. The song is great in all forms, but her verse & ad-libs are great.

mindtrappa likes this.
  14. They really should start a common fund together ... I thought they'll announce something today.

mylesofsmiles93 and D.Jay like this.
  15. Ok Lana is trash but we still need Abel to release the full Stargirl Interlude cuz damn.

16. Hopefully this sees a bit of an uptick because In Your Eyes is still incredible.

sesita and upu like this.
  17. He lowkey stans Kelela, huh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.