The Weeknd - Dawn FM | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Ummm so I guess no more singles and we’re going straight into the album?

FINISH LINE and LPMA like this.
  2. And that sounds like it might be coming ~soon (Friday?)

Mike and Txetxu like this.
  3. OPN reposted the tweet on his story as well. I'm guessing it's a proper album announcement (since he hasn't actually confirmed the title, even though we have a good idea) and it'll come in the next two weeks.

4. Album out this Friday.

POPGASM, Diet Pop!, Crisp X and 25 others like this.
  5. Damn I’m excited

POPGASM, FINISH LINE and spaceship like this.
  6. He really saw Oneohtrix's last album and said, "I wanna do that". Can't wait.

7. I just know that 103.5 dawn FM is going to be my favourite station.

ateensfan, jvckkk and mindtrappa like this.
  8. I can’t wait to hear this. That early quote from GQ back in the summer is still in my mind.
    Roll on Friday.

nbtsa, sjoerd.., Diet Pop! and 10 others like this.
  9. I wonder if we'll get a vinyl pre-order..

djessie likes this.
  10. The album was completed and turned in back in September, so here’s hoping. If it’s not ready to ship now, there shouldn’t be a massive wait for it.

Bobbyrae and HolyWater like this.
  11. I didn't want to get my hopes up after his vague post last week but here we go!

RainOnFire and spaceship like this.
  12. Finally! That snippet in the end sounds great.

spaceship likes this.
  13. Really looking forward to this, but I will wait for physicals before I listen to the whole album.

14. I'm super excited about this, but also interested to see how it's going to do considering it still feels like a longer break would have been a smart move. He's had a seemingly endless slew of features over the last several months, in addition to his own singles, so I just hope that the GP is still willing to embrace a new album at this point. Though, even an 'underperforming' single for The Weeknd is generally still massive for any other artist, so I doubt he or is team is worried.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  15. I don't know if there are any other singles coming for this, honestly. The choice to skip a rollout and just drop the album is interesting and makes me wonder if "Take My Breath" was the most mainstream thing he had. I guess we'll see.

16. I’m shaking, you guys.

[​IMG]

17. This sounds exciting.

18. "Dawn FM", "Every Angel Is Terrifying", and "Is There Someone Else?" are showing up on Shazam from the trailer.

19. The tracklisting floating around is real then. Makes sense why Jim Carrey is featured on the record, as the de facto radio host bookending the “broadcast”.

tea, aux, Jersey and 22 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.