The Weeknd - Dawn FM | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Just started this but those 80’s male europop vocals on Gasoline, I’m living.

tea, Macsun, Steve003 and 3 others like this.
  2. Really enjoying this, but I hadn't realized Take My Breath was already out of his Top 10 on Spotify? It kinda came and went huh?

3. The way this song was on his Momento Mori show makes me think it was a direct influence for “Gasoline”

4. As if I wasn’t perched enough for my first listen, this has me excited.

5. Your posts are making me die to listen to this right away but I also feel like it’s the type of album that would benefit from being a little turnt up, so I’m torn…

Andy French likes this.
  6. “Sacrifice” video dropping today

7. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Yeah, loving it. What a great start to 2022.

hollaa01, Daniel L and Digital_Fossil like this.
  8. These europop + city pop vibes are everything.

9. The second half of Every Angel is Terrifying is giving
    [​IMG]

"Intense, graphic, sexy, euphoric
    Provocative, edgy, thought-provoking"

Miss Kills/Sinclair/Youth found ripping up her notepad.

10. Less Than Zero is a nice sibling to Save Your Tears.

Is there a name for this genre of pop?
    Kinda fits in with Kylie's Heartstrings and Girls Aloud's Rolling Back The Rivers.

11. “Less Than Zero” sounds so much like a 70s (possibly even 80s) song that I can’t place. There’s some Bowie “Heroes” in there for sure, but not sure of what else that sounds like the dominant influence.

12. Yeah this is great. Maybe his most cohesive work yet? Totally slick and polished, the production is great, and the radio station transitions work even better than I thought they would. I also love that it’s blocked out into sections. Lil Wayne wasn’t necessary but that’s about my only complaint.

13. It is tearing me UP that I can't listen to this yet.

14. upload_2022-1-7_10-38-38.gif
    When OPN’s tracks 2 and 3 bleed into 4, this terminates the cig.

drewsky likes this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

Or this?

FINISH LINE and Wishlight like this.
  16. Out of time , Is there someone else or Less than zero need to be the next singles.
    Production is immaculate, no wonder , cause the album was executively produced by Max

17. Sam

Sam

It’s okay. The interludes are the most interesting thing here to be honest. Lyrically it retreads old ground, and the vibes are very much The Weeknd - Stranger Things OST. For me at least.

Hopefully it ~reveals itself~ kii to me after a few more spins.

Disobedience likes this.
  18. Gasoline got me completely off guard - SO GOOD! It’s by far the best song here both from a lyrical and production point. It feels like the ultimate evolution of the sound he’s been playing with since Starboy.

Steve003 likes this.
  19. okay we need to talk how 'Best Friends' bops in all its basic glory

I feel mildly attacked dd

nbtsa, RainOnFire, Truce and 6 others like this.
  20. This might be it, but the melody in my head is entirely different dd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.