The Weeknd - Dawn FM | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jul 28, 2021.

1. iPhone with zoom from miles away?

chromatica likes this.
  2. Truly love a consistent art direction for singles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Robert Beatty put his whole foot in the art direction.

aaronhansome, Sam, hollaa01 and 4 others like this.
  4. So at this point is there any indication of when the tour will be coming to the UK? If Kaytranada is the support over here too, my coins are absolutely there for the taking.

5. I think summer 2023? There were dates that briefly popped up on Ticketmaster a couple months back before being removed

The Knowledge and Nicole! like this.
  6. Yes there is a London Stadium date (pretty much) confirmed for July 2023.

mindtrappa likes this.
  7. More footage of the Stage

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  8. I don't know if I'm just imagining it but I went onto see what his ticket sales were like and it looks like the prices for all his dates have been slashed? Or have they always been around those prices?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  9. Rina will be there???!

10. Starlight Interlude with Lana blowing up on Tiktok, we love to see it!

happiestgirl likes this.
  11. RMK

RMK

His catalog really lights up on TikTok, surprised none of the Dawn FM tracks have caught wind.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  12. Loads of the dates are massively flopping so yeah, I can imagine miss Ticketmaster has been instructed to set her algorithm to quietly reduce in the leadup.

Plenty of them are now in the $40 range and I can imagine if you wait it out you can snatch even lower.

13. Dawn FM is plagued. Q1 was Abel's to win, it held court on Spotify for a while and then it seemed to just... fall off really quickly? Sacrifice didn't catch on as strongly as expected, then they gave up and just sent Out of Time to urban contemporary or whatever dd. I take it releasing Take My Breath back in August was a flop decision (also because the pastiche vibes probably didn't help it from getting cannibalized by Blinding Lights). But all that momentum from Blinding Lights not translating to an instant #1 album... it's weird.

14. Definitely a classic case of oversaturation. Save Your Tears was still massive when they bizarrely launched Take My Breath in August. It would have been much better to just have waited until they surprised dropped it in January.

15. Save Your Tears literally gained more than 1M audience on radio today and moved up 3 spots to #32. Blinding Lights also gained audience and moved up 1 to #54. The After Hours singles will never die.

16. It’s what they deserve.

Verandi likes this.
  17. Honestly, from jump he didn’t seem all that concerned about how this was going to perform. He was bored of After Hours and wanted to move on, so he did. There was never going to be a good time to drop this, between the After Hours songs still dominating and even older tracks taking off on TikTok.

18. Save Your Tears... still? Damn, people do just want to hear the same songs on the radio over and over. Well, it's their loss because I adore Dawn FM, probably more than After Hours. So there.

Wishlight, Mikal, 2014 and 12 others like this.
  19. Dawn fm is probably too gay for his fanbase dd

Wishlight and slaybellz like this.
  20. RMK

RMK

Dawn FM is good, but the highs on After Hours could never be replaced. Blinding Lights, Hardest To Love, Faith, Save Your Tears, the title track. All top-tier for music at large.

Verandi and happiestgirl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.