The Wendy Williams Show | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wendy Williams Show

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SeaWitch, Jun 5, 2013.

1. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

I love her too, I just agree with AllStar that it was insincere! It's one of the very few moments - along with openly mocking Kim being left by Kanye and calling her a "babymama in the most ghetto sense" (I think she was a little cruel on that one) I've disliked her!

2. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I think Wendy was mad at Whitney for not getting her act together, because she had. She projected a lot on her.

Pfft, Kim WILL be left by Kanye and then her mother will have prime time interviews lined up for weeks. He's not ready to be pinned down with a baby and a wife right now and didn't Bruce jenner say last week that Kanye wasn't even around all that much? I'm not one to believe petty gossip, but I believe that.

3. 3Xs

3Xs

Her crying over Whitney's death was one of the best moments on the show! You can gossip about someone and still love them at the same time, no? Clearly it meant a lot to her and allowed her to open up about her own life (her drug use), which obviously was very sincere. Just made her more real for me. That day's After Show is one of my favorites as well.

Too true.

Square likes this.
  4. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Yes, I think Wendy showed Whitney nothing but tough love and sometimes she got annoyed with her because of how she was acting. Maybe at times she was insensitive, but yano, Wendy went through that too and I don't believe she would intentionally go out of her way to make someone's life hell because they did drugs.

It's not all that odd that someone she didn't know affected her life so much, I mean hello, look at half of these topics about people worshiping artists they've never met!

5. The Whitney situation... she gave her tough love when she was alive, on her radio show and eventually just talking through the TV. Addicts, particularly those in the limelight, are surrounded by enablers and 'yes' people who deny the severity of the problem until it's too late. Wendy, like everyone else, was desperate for Whitney to pull through and to come back stronger than ever. She was never spiteful or cruel about Whitney, from what I've seen, she was just out of sympathy. Whitney had been taking hard drugs since the early 90s, she admitted that on Oprah. So when she returned to treatment, even after her comeback, that was almost 20 years of drug-taking. Wendy was right to take a no-nonsense approach to her situation, even if it was through the TV screen.

I don't think they were crocodile tears. She was hard on her in the past, but it was her manifestation of care.

Square likes this.
  6. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Nothing but the truth.

7. I don't think they were crocodile tears either.

8. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Hm. Everytime she cries, it's sweet or sad, but that time it just seemed insincere.

9. I didn't think it was insincere in the slightest. There were quite a few times she spoke about Whitney before her death on her TV show. It seemed very real to me and I agree what others have said, I think Wendy felt that there was a connection because of their history and children.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  10. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Wendy on Ellen. She better work.

[video=youtube;3H3hVLcbBic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3hVLcbBic[/video]

11. KAG

KAG

I find Ellen likeable but so dull whereas Wendy is awful and entertaining.

Consideration and Square like this.
  12. I found the Ellen interview excruciating. It's the first time I've ever seen Ellen so clearly dislike someone.

Square likes this.
  13. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Ellen came across as so bitchy there. Wendy was on Howard Stern and it's a much better interview:

[video=youtube;aEyDJlzEKPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyDJlzEKPA[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  14. KAG

KAG

I love it when Howard interviews Wendy. They are practically the same person.

Have you seen Wendy's interview on The View? Barbara clearly dislikes her and Sherri is just rude to Wendy throughout

[video=youtube;hWWfsyVYe4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWfsyVYe4E[/video]

15. innamor.

innamor. Guest

Hahah Sherri dragged Wendy by her roots.

16. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Except she didn't even touch her tips?

Sherri can't drag anyone.

17. I love Whoopi on The View. She stays silent for like 95% of the show, it's hilarious.

18. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Agreed. I like the contrast between Wendy's show and others, they aren't used to her being loud and telling it like it is, especially Ellen where everything is lovely and great. To me always better to be outspoken than be sneakily nasty, so immature!

19. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Is this what Wendy meant when she was talking about not caring about people think of her today? Oh, Rupaul.

20. Her show has been dull this week. How many times do we have to hear about Chicago, Paris Jackson and the guy who slapped his lawyer's ass? Even the Leann Rimes interview was a let-down. I think she has too much on her plate at the moment to concentrate on the show.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.