The Wendy Williams Show | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wendy Williams Show

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SeaWitch, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Ellen despises her, crikey.

2. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

[video=youtube;jEBpJ6FdEWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jEBpJ6FdEWU[/video]

3. I'm guessing Ellen sees herself as a celebrity and peer of celebrities, while Wendy Williams is a vile paparazzi gossip-monger she'd rather have nothing to do with.

4. Well now we know why haha.

I think Portia overreacted by walking away. But then again, even 2004 was a 'different time'.

5. Wendy was always entertaining, but it's not since she's really toned down her act (i.e. the past year or so) and become less obnoxious that she's actually become likeable. I guess at that point in her career she was still a shock jock, so we have to take it for what it is.

6. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Lucy Liu not knowing who Kim was on the show today! I hope she's lying and just throwing some amazing shade.

7. [video=youtube;Ss_Ld1_4M5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_Ld1_4M5U[/video]

My opinion on Wendy has taken a u-turn since seeing this video. She's so judgmental about other relationships, yet she stayed with her husband after he cheated on her just after she had given birth to their son?

8. innamor.

innamor. Guest

I thought Sherri Shepherd hated Wendy, yet she was on the show the other day? Strange.

9. Absolutely. Wendy is very hypocritical whenever she criticizes another celebrity's relationship, or even members of the studio audience. It's quite bizarre considering that she has been cheated on herself, and I've always noticed her double standards related to that topic.

10. These other shows are celebrity kiss-assers. Wendy is talking smack about their friends. I'm sure she knew that they weren't going to be so accepting of her. It's sort of like Kathy Griffin who's been banned from the view 15x. lol

11. I get why Wendy stayed with her husband (kid, prior drug problems, who knows what they've been through together) and why she jokes and mocks celebrity couples (it's her living! and their's too - they need the exposure). I take more issue with Ellen nice-than-thou DeGeneres sitting there on her couch and saying she and her wife have never argued (NEVER? that's impossible. that's bullshit) and that she doesn't eat bacon because she thinks pigs are smart animals. Pffft.

12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

It's always completely subjective though. Depends on how long you've been together, how old you are, have you children, do you have a lease, are you married? There are different reasons. I was watching, Watch What Happens Live last week and she was asked a question about cheating by some caller.

Wendy probed her a little bit, asking mostly all those questions. The caller was in her early 20's and only been with him for two years, with no serious prospects for kids or marriage. So she said for her to get out now and do her while she still can. Wendy obviously stayed and worked through that with her husband, because of their son, she was older, they were married and had shared assets. I don't blame her. I think people in this day and age are way too quick to give up and file for divorce.

13. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

I was just going to mention WWHL! She gave great advice to that girl. Like Khia said it's her job to talk about other peoples relationships as the Hot Topics lady and there's no real getting around it since relationships only make the headlines nowadays if they're breaking up or someone's cheated. And Wendy admits freely to being a hypocrite, which is one of the reasons I love her. Ellen is waaay too fake and I think that's why their interview was so awful because they're polar opposite personalities.

14. I completely agree about the divorce issue. However, from watching Wendy's talk show, she usually seems to have the attitude that a woman should pack her bags at the first sign of their partners' cheating (especially during the Ask Wendy segments). That's just what I've observed, and what I meant about her being hypocritical. It really should depend on the numerous factors you mentioned, but Wendy rarely gives the suggestion that a couple should work through their relationship after a partner has cheated, if ever.

15. Another point is that she tells celebrities to leave after public affairs (ie, something that has been going on to the point of becoming public knowledge, splashed on newspapers) while her husband's affair was a private affair, with a lot less collateral damage. Who wouldn't tell Beyoncé to walk if Jay-Z was caught cheating?

16. T&C

T&C

For someone who is so outspoken there will be contradictory statements. But I do appreciate that Wendy at least gives opinions, and she does so in an entertaining way. I like her show, the hot topics is the reason to watch.

The double standard she has for the man vs the mistress does grate me. She despises Angelina yet, is always cheering Tiger Woods on. It does come off as sexist. "Let the man cheat, just blame the mistress."

17. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Rowlegend on the show today!

[video=youtube;jP_SZVPk0dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_SZVPk0dw[/video]

18. Shaking my head at these flop audiences not laughing at the Rowlegend's sassy quips. Also Kelly looks pretty fantastic - she hasn't really aged since "No, No, No" but looks a lot better than then.

In other news Kelly probably already has her own pillow of cash to fall back on. X-Factor checks, Destiny's Child's tours, Beyoncé's Destiny's Child medleys on her own tours, When Love Takes Over, Dilemma, etc.

19. LJB

LJB

Oh, I'm sure Kelly's set for life, and 'Beyoncé's Destiny's Child medleys' has nothing to do with it.

20. I'm sure they don't hurt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.