The Wendy Williams Show | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wendy Williams Show

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SeaWitch, Jun 5, 2013.

1. innamor.

innamor. Guest

She showed a clip of her performing in Chicago the other day and it looked terrible.

2. She looked awful in Chicago. Speak-singing and shouting 'Howyuhhduhhing' every few seconds... was that really the product of weeks and weeks of intensive rehearsals?

3. Kelly was fantastic in that interview, and continues to strengthen my theory that, if you look after yourself, your 25 - 35/40 period is when you really come into your own (looks-wise).

Eloquent, down-to-earth, and very likeable.

4. KAG

KAG

Michelle and Kelly have both been on Wendy so I hope Beyonce goes on the show. It'd be really interesting to see how she would cope in an interview where the interviewer is not kissing her arse or asking her the same old questions.

5. But the songs the hits Beyonce made in Destiny's Child (featuring Kelly) has everything to do with it.

I don't think Beyonce would ever go on Wendy. She would not be able to cope with the undoubted scrutiny Wendy would put her under, and whenever Beyonce gets asked a question in which she doesn't have an answer prepared, she can either come off as quite shady or just completely shut down.

6. KAG

KAG

I imagine the interview will go like this:

Wendy: Moving on from the album, I just wanna talk about Blue real quick. Such a cute name by the way... DID YOU EXPECT HER TO LOOK LIKE JIGGA?!

Beyonce: ...You know Wendy, when I bathe Blue, she looks so beautiful and majestic. I think she was a fish before God put her in my womb. She is just precious in every way.

Wendy: Solange, who's always been in the little sister in my head, is doing really well so is Ms. Kelly Rowland. You know, she's got X Factor coming up so she's cashing them Cowell cheques. How do you feel about that?

Beyonce: Kelly is my sister. She deserves all the success in the world. I'm so happy for her. I've got her album on repeat.

Wendy: Oh really? What's your favourite song on there?

Beyonce: I love all the cuts. Kelly has done a great job of making a solid body of work. Not a lot of artists can achieve that now.

Wendy: Like Rihanna?

Beyonce: WENDY!!!

Wendy: WHAT?! Let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  7. KAG, that is exactly how Wendy conducts her interviews. Spot on.

8. innamor.

innamor. Guest

KAG haha you watch too much Wendy (and that's coming from me)

9. That is amazing! Please can we have more of the fake interview KAG?

10. I still don't know why she didn't go in on Leann Rimes the other week. I know she's not on radio anymore, but Wendy still has opinions and she gave Leann the easiest interview imaginable.

11. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Listening to the audiobook version of Ask Wendy, she's so smart and it's a good listen but everything feels a bit too planned and it feels like she's reading from cue cards instead of being her usual natural self.

12. I refuse to eat bacon because pigs are lovely creatures. And a cow once stared into my eyes and I knew at once it didn't want to die. I haven't eaten red meat or pork since and I have no regrets.

13. You do know that fish are not exactly thrilled at being pulled out of the water either?

14. innamor.

innamor. Guest

She was probably reading out of the book instead of offering advice off the cuff like on her show.

15. This is amazing. It genuinely could be a transcript of the show.

Consideration and Square like this.
  16. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

I thought of that; that or she's reading off of notes.

17. I also really hated when Wendy dissed Beyonce for having a "5th grade education". I thought that was quite a low blow, and another reason why Beyonce would probably never appear on her show.

18. Well Beyonce doesn't do candid. She strikes me as a very joyless, boring individual who has constructed a sort of Stepford veneer. It's why I can't get on board with any of her 'fierceness'. It's so contrived.

19. But what Wendy does very well is that one minute she disses Beyoncé on having a 5th grade education, being a boring veneers-up celebrity and naming her baby Blue Ivy, and the second she admits how amazing performer, singer and a person Bey is.

20. I'm not sure what the confusion is? It's an audiobook, so she's reading from something that she sat down and wrote. The delivery's bound to sound different to the advice she gives off the cuff, and how she normally speaks because all she has to do is read what's on the page.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.