The Wendy Williams Show | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

The Wendy Williams Show

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SeaWitch, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Hopefully if that happens, it is with Wendy's best wishes behind it. No drama please.
    I can't remember a talk show hosted by a singular person that is then taken over by someone permanently in their absence.

Remorque likes this.
  2. Island

Island Staff Member

Good for Sherri!

3. So sad that Wendy goes out with a whimper rather than a bang

Remorque, constantino, steste and 2 others like this.
  4. From what I can gather online, Wells Fargo have frozen Wendy's assets and petitioned the courts for guardianship over them? First the dementia claims hitting the press and now this... I may not be very bright but this is sounding a little too familiar.

Remorque likes this.
  5. Wait WHAT?!? This is all new news to me I need to do some research. I know she’s not perfect but I will always have a soft spot for her and I really thought she was entering a calm period of her life after Big Kev and that this long hiatus was her Graves’ disease which (although terrible) I was hoping she was getting under control. This is awful.

This is a crazy theory but I think losing her cohosts in the pandemic affected her a lot. She always had such a close connection w her audience including on the radio. The show just wasn’t the same w/o them.

Remorque likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

Remorque likes this.
  7. She looks and sounds great in the clip, which does just make the entire thing so… odd. But I’m grateful to see how well she’s held up.

EDIT: welp, if any of this is to be believed, and not just old footage being used to unfreeze her Wells Fargo accounts.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    Remorque and ohaimanabu like this.
  8. I'm not sure how recent that video is. I know the good sis mispeaks a lot but she says she's 56 twice in that clip and she turned 57 last summer...

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  9. Now that you mentioned it she also talks about her being with her family including her mom who passed last year?

I wonder if this is all strategic.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  10. Awful news, but expected. I'm gonna miss her.

11. Wow. End of an era to be honest.

12. Welp! Well we knew this was coming but I’m surprised we are getting a notice so early. I guess we won’t see Sherry until the fall but that’s ok. I don’t see the current format would work for her so I’d think they’d reconfigure it a little bit.

Remorque and ohaimanabu like this.
  13. Really sad Wendy can't go out on a way she would've liked. But her health is important and I hope she gets better, maybe enough so to seek a different life venture like podcasting or something a little less taxing than daily television.

Remorque and VivaForever like this.

14. Honestly the show was a cultural reset, seeing Miss Wendy have to rein it in after listening to her be relentlessly messy on 107.5 WBLS when I was a kid...whew mama

15. That's really sad to see. Around this time last year she seemed to bounce back so I was hoping she'd pull through again, but I don't know her exact health issues. It's definitely been a rough few years for her. She's a survivor though, and I'll be rooting for her good health and that podcast.

Remorque and ChrisC like this.
  16. MB

MB

I hope she at least get's to come back for one last episode - even if just as a guest to say goodbye.

Remorque and Nwonder like this.
  17. Very sad news if true. She had given us some ICONIC memes & messy Hot Topics over the years.

Remorque and Atletico like this.
  18. I hope Norman snatches a new job quickly.

Remorque and Atletico like this.
  19. I watched this every day for a decade so it’s hard to let go :(

Remorque, Atletico and VivaForever like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.