The Winners Rate: AND THE WINNER IS.... Me, Because I'm Done | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

The Winners Rate: AND THE WINNER IS.... Me, Because I'm Done

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 29, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Remorque, Jwentz, myblood and 6 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]

3. Yas at me just realising this gives me an opportunity to tank 'Mr. Brightside'.

NecessaryVoodoo likes this.
  4. No thanks.

5. Mess

send photo, ohnostalgia and Oleander like this.
  6. Thank God I wasn't in the RuPaul rate, I would've given Sissy That Walk an 8.5. I mean I like it, but it's no Let's Turn The Night/Geronimo/Main Event.

sexercise and send photo like this.
  7. [​IMG]

8. send photo

send photo Guest

UPSIDE DOWN | A*TEENS
    A*TEENS DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @iheartpoptarts

[​IMG]
    (This is one of those 2am covers I forgot about until now but I'm too lazy to make a new one)

Winning Post
    RUNNER UP: Halfway Around The World
    2ND RUNNER UP: Closer To Perfection

Did y'all know I dipped into my fair share of bubblegum? Well here it is. A*Teens were the first group I properly stanned. I barely listen to them these days but this rate was a nice trip down memory lane, mostly because you could tell the host was having tons of fun with it.

Lovely as always here's rate host iheartpoptarts, "It’s the single that kicked off the A*Teens’ post-ABBA career. Most would say it’s their signature song. My former junior high school crush anthem and forever fave, it’s graced the Top 25 Most Played of every iPod I’ve owned over the years. And as per the Ultimate Popjustice list I put together in summer 2015, which remains extremely accurate, it’s my all-time #3!"

Chris_P, evilsin, Number and 15 others like this.
  9. Still listen to this song nowadays.

10. Sissy That Walk is a bop but Main Event is legitimately incredible and I have no idea why it seems to be a bit underrated in the context of Ru's discography.

send photo and Holly Something like this.
  11. Upside Down is ridiculously good.

12. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

At least you used the two best members @send photo. Halfway Round The World is the better song but Upside Down is still great. Worried it might flop here though.

13. I'm being monitored by @Island to make sure to go to my Bi Group so my post will be veeerrrryyy late tonight.

14. send photo

send photo Guest

I'm going to do a third one today so tomorrow is all @ohnostalgia yaaay

CRANK IT UP | ASHLEY TISDALE
    ASHLEY TISDALE DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @Push

[​IMG]

Winning Post
    RUNNER UP: Masquerade
    2ND RUNNER UP: Headstrong

She was fun on Suite Life and scrolling through I can see Push did some great hosting, beautiful hosting.

Here's his soliloquy, "I will let you in on a little secret: ever since I started collecting ballots, this song never, not in one moment left the top of the leaderboard. That Crank It Up reign just wouldn't let up. This is hands down one of the most brilliant moments in Guilty Pleasure and although not my favorite, it is one hell of a dance tour de force (is that a thing? No? I just invented it then!) What a fucking fantastic, refreshing moment. Placed right before the end of Guilty Pleasure, it is classified as a bonus track, presumably due to the difference in sound from the remaining pop rock-tinged songs. I very much regret not handing this a 10 instantly (my petty self gave it a 9.5 I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_) but it is a rightful winner, it is our winner and I'm proud of it. This is giving me serious nostalgia brews right now and I can't cope. I vividly recall thinking this was incredibly innovative and a distinctive departure for Ashley, as well as learning all the lyrics and then singing them out loud in my home. "THIS BEAT IS HYPNOTIC I WANNA RIDE IT LIKE A CHAUFFEUR!" What a messy lyric. I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_. Crank It Up also features guest vocals from Sean Garrett, who has produced a massive amount of hits but whose major accomplishment is getting covered by Beyoncé (Lay Up Under Me is his song!). I kid, I kid."

evilsin, Number, Remorque and 17 others like this.
  15. Awwww, thank you! I did have tons of fun with it, and this is adorable.

I'll always remember you as the one who punched somebody out over 'Sugar Rush' or something. Iconic.

16. send photo

send photo Guest

Nn I had a lot of anger issues as a child.

The story if anyone is curious:

17. It's a good story. So 2001, too!

Remorque, myblood, Island and 6 others like this.
  18. I'm so proud of you.

myblood, Island, LE0Night and 10 others like this.
  19. FYI because I'm sure everyone was wondering...THIS is the appropriate amount of write-up for an Ashley Tisdale song. Bravo!

Remorque and send photo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.