The Winners Rate: AND THE WINNER IS.... Me, Because I'm Done | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Winners Rate: AND THE WINNER IS.... Me, Because I'm Done

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 29, 2017.

1. I'm only ten minutes into my scoring and I've already decided that limiting my 10s is maybe not such a good idea after all. Everything's so good.

evilsin, myblood, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  2. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Will be doing this! Amazing opening post!

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. [​IMG]

OK at first glance I'd not hesitate giving a 10 to a good half of that list.

Mr.Arroz, evilsin, Oleander and 7 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

Yass, iconic is the word!

Mr.Arroz, evilsin, Jwentz and 11 others like this.
  5. I'm ready.

[​IMG]
    DDD #prayforEllie

Mr.Arroz, evilsin, Jwentz and 13 others like this.
  6. Might as well start with the ghosts of bad decisions past!

SKYSCRAPER | DEMI LOVATO

THE DEMI LOVATO DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @NuhdeensPassport

[​IMG]

Winner's Post
    Runner Up: Give Your Heart A Break
    2nd Runner Up: Heart Attack

I assume that @send photo assigned me Skyscraper to remind people I gave Demi my 11 in the last Winners Rate. In my defense that was a clear cry for help during a time, if I recall correctly, when my doctor was making me do tests for a possible chronic digestive condition. Turns out I didn't have it, by the way! Much like Demi and this forum's love. Anyways, I made a Capital C Choice but it was a learning opportunity. One I'd like to rectify by saying goodbye to this overcooked vocally wretched ballad first.... I mean this ~wonderful inspiring beautifully sung inspirational anthem.~ *cough* Unfortunately no host commentary was provided, so if you want actual praise for Skyscraper we're going to have to crowdsource it.​

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Mr.Arroz, Number, Jwentz and 24 others like this.
  7. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Give Your Heart A Break should have won that one!

evilsin, Slice of Life, 2014 and 8 others like this.
  8. send photo

send photo Guest

SOMEONE LIKE U | DAL*SHABET
    2016 K-POP SONG OF THE YEAR RATE
    by: @Squashua

[​IMG]

Winning Post
    RUNNER UP: Why So Lonely
    2ND RUNNER UP: Free Somebody

Let me start by saying I absolutely love Squashua, his pokécommentary had me rolling and his hosting is top notch. I still need to finish reading this rate, sorry bby. I'd have chosen Wonder Girls' swan song Draw Me who but I admit I'm completely biased. That being said, this chorus has been stuck in my head for weeks now, currently at odds with Cut To The Feeling which should give you an indication of how strong it is. Someone Like U is more than qualified for K-Pop Song of the Year.

Squashua tells us of the tight race for #1, "I'll let you in on a little secret: no one even came CLOSE to Someone Like U / Why So Lonely during the whole of voting. The #1 kept flipping between the two and we even had a straight up draw for a period. Both songs absolutely deserve it of course but in some respects Why So Lonely has already tasted success, the #1, the sales, the Korean appreciation - it was absolutely time for the true underdogs to take their place atop the leaderboard on something."

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2017
    RUNAWAY, Number, Sanctuary and 21 others like this.
  9. Real Question:

How well does Demi expect to do when even I won't be able to support the song in the running?

Sorry Demetria, you should've found a way to make Cool For The Summer win a Grammy rate.

Remorque, myblood, send photo and 3 others like this.
  10. Aw I don't actually mind that Demi song but then I also won't mind when it gets an early elimination either.

Can't wait to get stuck into rating these winners. It's gonna be tough to pick an 11 here.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    evilsin, myblood, send photo and 3 others like this.
  11. DOMINO | JESSIE J
    THE JESSIE J DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @Mr. Right & @GhettoPrincess

[​IMG]

Winning Post
    Runner Up: Thunder
    2nd Runner Up: Do It Like a Dude

Just when you thought Demi Lovato had last place all locked up Jessie J, the NO NO NO chanteuse, pops up to "serenade" us. It's worth reading through the rate if only to see @constantino's misguided Jessie phase. Oh the song? It's a pretty basic bop so Jessie's ~artistry~ is less damaging than usual.

I'll turn it over to @GhettoPrincess who pays respects to those of us who actually voted in the rate (not me!!): "So there we have it, we should give ourselves a massive clap for being able to listen to Jessie J’s discography. We have won the music war, we battled through it like the screeches that she can reach, like the stutters she repeats."

Number, Jwentz, Sanctuary and 24 others like this.
  12. I'm such a legend. Taking over her rate was some of the best charity work I've done on the internet.

Oleander, Mushroom, Remorque and 17 others like this.
  13. Good karma for life!

I think Jessie J will be continuing on unsatisfyingly long in this rate. And I am ready for it.

DJHazey likes this.
  14. In this rate, Domino is nowhere near a 10 but it still beats Skyscraper for me.

Yes @GhettoPrincess will be able to use "Jessie J Rate Host" as a voucher in the after life.

evilsin, myblood, Island and 4 others like this.
  15. send photo

send photo Guest

@ohnostalgia has never experienced that emotion so this summary falls to me

BOY IS A BOTTOM | DWV
    THE DRAG RACE CONTESTANTS DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @GhettoPrincess

[​IMG]

Winning Post

RUNNER UP: The T (Alaska Feat. Adore Delano)
    2ND RUNNER UP: I Adore U (Adore Delano)

Scream at this having more impact than Alicia's original Girl On Fire. There's also a Spanish Willam solo version but I'll let you look that up on your own for... reasons should you be so inclined. I don't keep up with Drag Race anymore but I had a good laugh at quite a few of DWV/Willam's parodies back in the day. It's too bad their relationship soured because they had something good going for them. All in all this is some top notch parody and I appreciate the effort put into this. Not to mention I had let out the heartiest of cackles knowing my co-host has to rate this. Perched for her commentary.

No doubt GhettoPrincess was pleased with her results, "This was such a mammoth viral hit and seeing it live was such a moment. Literally the crowd went as crazy for it as you'd expect. It has become a gay anthem and it's literally so hard to listen to Girl On Fire and not sing these lyrics instead. It's a shame that DWV are no longer together but it seems the group curse extends it's hand to drag queens too. Also the fact that Popjustice loves it so much reminds me of Willam's remark on Drag Race "they're all bottoms!". Basically this how you do a motherfucking parody, okay?"

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, Number and 19 others like this.
  16. I have no idea how that one will fare. No idea how I am going to score it either. I love it, but I do not want it to take many of my faves in the countdown. But I love it also a lot and do not want to underscore. What a dilemma.

send photo likes this.
  17. Oh I thought "Sissy That Walk" won, I would've given it a 10.

*Checks list because I could've sworn I saw it there*

Oh wait...contestants...ohhhhh. This song is going to be an...adventure to listen to. Whatever it is.

Sprockrooster and send photo like this.
  18. send photo

send photo Guest

I'm scaling a bit for the context of the rate, like I love Come Clean but in the company of some of the songs here... it doesn't feel like a 10.

londonrain likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

20. send photo

send photo Guest

I still gave it a higher score than my co-host would approve of so

evilsin, Island, constantino and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.