The Winners Rate: AND THE WINNER IS.... Me, Because I'm Done | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Winners Rate: AND THE WINNER IS.... Me, Because I'm Done

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 29, 2017.

1. Ooh I need to enter this.

2. I was about to bust in here and slam down my 11 on Genie, but Ace Reject is on this list...
    I'll literally have to sit down and contemplate which one deserves my everything.

You're going to give me existential crisis #3 for the week...

3. There's a few songs on this list I'd never heard before, and I'm so glad I've heard them now. It's gonna be weird if my 11 goes to a song I didn't participate in the rate for!

4. Mr.Arroz, evilsin, Jwentz and 15 others like this.
  5. send photo

send photo Guest

RUN AWAY WITH ME | CARLY RAE JEPSEN
    CARLY RAE JEPSEN DISCOGRAPHY RATE / SONG OF THE YEAR RATE 2015-16
    by: @Laura Vanderbooben / @DJHazey

[​IMG]

Winning Post / Winning Post
    RUNNER UP: Your Type & Warm Blood / Into You
    2ND RUNNER UP: Gimme Love / Your Type

Ah, the face that launched a thousand memes. Queen of saving pop. 2017 needs you.This song is so good it won two different rates. It's hard to say how it'll do here with such strong competition but top 10 is a lock. I don't really need to say anything about it, you know what perfection sounds like.

Laura Vanderbooben reminds us of ha impact, "Only two songs ever had the lead in this rate: Turn Me Up, because DJHazey was the first voter and that was his 11, and this. Run Away With Me opened up voting with twelve straight 10s or 11s. Out of 70 voters, only nine gave this a score below a 10; of those nine voters, only four gave it a score below a 9."

RIP Vine I miss you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
    Mr.Arroz, evilsin, Number and 21 others like this.
  6. You know a song is simply a masterpiece when you're driving in your car, late at night, drained of any energy, and it suddenly comes on shuffle, and you lipsync for your life™, then it ends, and you keep on with your exhausted life.

7. Run Away With Me has beaten a rate that also had Into You and Formation. But significant time has passed since so I think it now comes down to which song aged the best and I am not entirely that is in favour of Run Away With Me.

send photo likes this.
  8. One of my proudest moments on the forum.

9. Ugh I miss vine as well.

Run Away With Me got my 11 in Hazey's rate so it's another contender here.

10. Run Away With Me got a 10 when it was new in the Carly Rate because it's a great song, but it has since waned. Maybe someday I will have that moment with it but it hasn't happened yet. It sounds like just another great pop song to me, but not the transcendent song everyone hears.

11. Dddddd

sorry.m4a

Mr.Arroz, evilsin, Island and 9 others like this.
  12. THE CHAIN | FLEETWOOD MAC
    THE FLEETWOOD MAC DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @Mumty

[​IMG]

Runner Up: Big Love
    2nd Runner Up: Little Lies (cc @VivaForever)

I really really really love Fleetwood Mac. Give me those seventies harmony drenched pop-rock gems, Stevie, Christine + dudes. I remember reading once that during their time Fleetwood Mac were seen as "uncool" pseudo adult contemporary music, music for the GP and not for the well-cultured denzions of music criticism. Which honestly makes their enduring legacy even more interesting to me. And within that legacy stands one album above all others, casting a long musical shadow we continue to stand underneath to this day. I'm not surprised that The Chain took this; it's the one song that truly immortalizes the ethos, the legend, and the drama behind one of modern music's greatest masterpieces: Rumours.

evilsin, Number, Jwentz and 20 others like this.
  13. Rumors is honestly one of the best albums of all time.

14. Weird, I don't remember "liking" that.

Also, mess at Dreams, Rhiannon, Gypsy and Tusk not being in the top 3.

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  15. I photoshopped the likes from our opening post, because likes are The Chain that hold us together. GET IT???

I know, I'm sorry.

16. send photo

send photo Guest

SUMMER SON | TEXAS
    TEXAS DISCOGRAPHY RATE
    by: @Sprockrooster

[​IMG]

Winning Post
    RUNNER UP: Black Eyed Boy
    2ND RUNNER UP: Inner Smile

Let me tell you, I was expecting some rough n' tough rock dad band and was like "Whew Sprocky, you really do have diverse taste". Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise to find out it wasn't. I can definitely pinpoint its origins to turn of the millenium pop. Not sure what that says about it, but I still go nuts for Waiting For Tonight regularly.

Sprockrooster makes it clear that he loves his winner, "It was my runner up for the 11-position and I knew Saint wasn’t going to win this I was much pleased this was basically at the top since the beginning. It was until Rawkeys 8 came along the average dropped below a 10. This was a huge hit in Europe and proved to be another top 5 hit in the UK. I do feel like I hear Say What You Want or Inner Smile more on the radio or when shopping than Summer Son, but PJ just proved it’s longevity. This rate being placed in the summer might benefit this song highly. I know I listen to it every summer again and I am slaughtered every fucking time. The music video is quite epic too. You just feel the warmth and hotness from the video channeled right through it."

We've got Vimeo because why not

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
    evilsin, Number, Oleander and 19 others like this.
  17. There's only a handful of songs I love in Texas's discography and I'm grateful that @Sprockrooster got me to go through it all to find them, but I must say they have one of the most diverse-sounding discographies you'll ever hear. Country, Rock, R&B, Dance, Pop, Soul, literally everything.

18. I once spent the better part of a semester trying to write a jukebox musical based on Rumors.

19. @send photo, glad to have surprised you. But you used the writeup for Inner Smile (#3). I put the one for Summer Son in the spoiler. But you are doing great! Just helping out!

It was my runner up for the 11-position and I knew Saint wasn’t going to win this I was much pleased this was basically at the top since the beginning. It was until Rawkeys 8 came along the average dropped below a 10. This was a huge hit in Europe and proved to be another top 5 hit in the UK. I do feel like I hear Say What You Want or Inner Smile more on the radio or when shopping than Summer Son, but PJ just proved it’s longevity. This rate being placed in the summer might benefit this song highly. I know I listen to it every summer again and I am slaughtered every fucking time. The music video is quite epic too. You just feel the warmth and hotness from the video channeled right through it

20. Run Away With Me is not a song I listen to regularly, but every time I listen to it it just hits me like a massive wave of pure pop euphoria. I don't know how she does it.

The Chain and Summer Son are both new to me, but I like them! I didn't know Texas were capable of such bops.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.