The Workplace & Job Hunting | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

The Workplace & Job Hunting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoggySwami, Jun 17, 2014.

1. I've had a similar experience at my current job, so I brought in cakes and biscuits from France (all my colleagues but one are French). The begrudging thanks from some of them was very much worth it.

LP and spaceship like this.
  2. Looking back, my previous job was like that. There were moments when I genuinely loved the job, but underneath it all I was experiencing a lot of anxiety that was putting a strain on both my mental and physical health. When I look back on the mood journal I kept throughout that period, I'm really shocked at how terrible I felt, in hindsight.

If you feel like the bad days are becoming more prevalent than the good ones, then I think that's enough reason for you to start figuring out if you should maybe look for something else. Don't let the dark days get worse, basically.

spaceship likes this.
  3. That’s great advice because like you said, the bad days are becoming more recurrent. I already feel like I’m somewhat detached from my current job and I’m just there for the salary and the time.

Reboot likes this.
  4. It’s completely Chloe’s call. There’s no hard and fast rule, so Brown might now be a middle name or part of her last name. You’d need to ask her.

Hudweiser likes this.
  5. What's the general opinion on follow-up emails? I applied for a position two and half weeks ago and it wasn't a public posting so I can't track if it's been filled yet, but I haven't heard anything back from the manager either (they never even bothered responding back that they received my application ddd). I mean... I doubt they're interested but it was the ~perfect job~ and I want to know what's up.

Vasilios likes this.
  6. 2014

2014 Moderator

I think you've waited long enough to be able to send a 'just checking did you get my email' kind of message?

constantino, londonrain and Mr Blonde like this.
  7. On LinkedIn, a recruiter looked at my profile and sent me a message about a job. I replied to say I was interested in hearing more details about it. She looked at my profile again and didn't respond. This is worse than Grindr.

Dee91, LP, constantino and 7 others like this.
  8. The only message I ever gotten on linked-in was a 'hey you're handsome' one.

LP, constantino, Mr Blonde and 3 others like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Moderator

ok show off1!

10. My boss recently complained about me coming in 5 minutes late (which literally almost never happens) and the week before having a little longer lunch on Friday with a friend, which I made up by working longer.

Now this week he already left half an hour earlier once and also said something like he had to go soon due traffic another time. I can't. What a way to make this work environment toxic. Why are people like this?

It's still a great job, but this is giving me supermarket time punching anxiety.

kal likes this.
  11. Well he's the boss sis.

12. LinkedIn recruiters are the worst, they harvest as many contacts as possible to present to clients, don't take it personally.

Still waiting for a reply x

LP, londonrain, Gasur and 1 other person like this.
  13. I start a new job next week and the thought of having to demonstrate competence and friendliness to a whole new bunch of people, I...

[​IMG]

Dee91, LP, constantino and 12 others like this.
  14. kal

kal

All the more reason to lead by example.

Lander, Laurence and ssa like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Moderator

londonrain and Vasilios like this.
  16. He's not the CEO but indeed my boss. We're all equal of course...

17. This policy starts in 2 weeks, and we had a meeting about it today. We now cannot bring in external coffee (like Starbucks, Costa etc), and we must remove labels from any soft drinks we bring in. Apparently there's a fear we might be hiding tiny cameras in them.

Dee91, LP, Verandi and 1 other person like this.
  18. Does she werk in the Kremlin tho?

LP, Mr Blonde, Gasur and 2 others like this.
  19. What horrendous workplace is this?

londonrain likes this.
  20. It's for one of the internet giants. It would make sense if I worked with sensitive information, but I don't even

LP, londonrain and Empty Shoebox like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.