The Workplace & Job Hunting | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

The Workplace & Job Hunting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoggySwami, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Uno

Uno

I have an interview on Tuesday for a company that I've applied to 4 times in the last two years. I'm very excited and nervous. I'd be working directly in the LGBTQ+ community which I've always wanted to do.

This is the first time I've ever felt passionate about a job and it would be the highest paying job I've ever had, so I am kind of freaking out and wish Tuesday would get here already.

2. I have a Skype interview in half an hour (decided one hour ago) and... yeah it's probably gonna be a disaster.

3. Wear a nice hat!
    Good luck.

Verandi and ssa like this.
  4. They switched off their own camera, it was awkward as fuck. Telling them that my own Italian university didn't offer either the time or the option to do pre-graduation internships left them confused. Yes we're Italians we don't follow the European rules even if we should let me live.

Mr Blonde and Floppie like this.
  5. I love Skype interviews. Business on top, pyjamas on bottom.

JMRGBY88 and Vasilios like this.
  6. Uno

Uno

My interview went so well - best I’ve ever done, I’d say. If I don’t get this job I will be shocked and crushed.

Pray for me, y’all.

7. 2014

2014 Moderator

Good luck!!

Uno likes this.
  8. I love Menatplay.com

Kyle., Laurence, Gasur and 4 others like this.
  9. This happened to me recently too dddd. We had agreed to a video conference via Google Hangouts since I was out of town, but when the interviewer joined the meeting his camera was off and so it was just me broadcasting my face while his screen was black. Felt very
    [​IMG]

evangelion and Verandi like this.
  10. How are you feeling now?

Dealing with rejection from employers can be a real problem for people with underlying mental health issues. I failed to get a promotion I went for earlier this year and it sent me into a spiral of questioning whether life was worth living for a good week or so. I look back now and I'm like

[​IMG]

And I managed to get a more desirable job in a better company within a month...

Beginner likes this.
  11. I’m still annoyed as we’re too busy at the minute for me to get feedback so I’ve gotta wait till next week at earliest. Once I’ve had that, I can let it go.

ibelieve likes this.
  12. This is the T. I got rejected last week and legit spent a good few days almost wondering which bridge I should jump off.

evilsin, JMRGBY88 and ibelieve like this.
  13. I applied for a job at my dream company and had 2 rounds of great interviews with them, but then ultimately they decided upon the only 1 other candidate that also made it that far. Fucking sucks.

At least the current project is interesting to learn from and probably gets me an overseas visit.

14. Uno

Uno

2 years and 4 failed attempts later, I finally got the job! I knew I would get it if I could at least finally get an interview.

Persistence paid off! I’m elated.

Lander, snoho, aux and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.