The Workplace & Job Hunting

First stage went great. Fingers crossed I'll do a good job on the next three!
Second stage didn’t work out well, so they’ve decided we won’t be proceeding. I’m kind of okay with that. The pay bump would have been great, but the work itself involves a lot of things I don’t enjoy doing.

Solenciennes

Staff member
A former coworker messaged me about a job in his team (within the same company but a different business within it) that pays slightly better than the one I do now and has better earning potential in the future but not totally sure I want to jump from the job I do now... so I told my boss about it today to see what happens, just asked what the prospects are for me in the job I do now and what the road to more money and a promotion are. May as well, what's the worst that can happen?

A former coworker messaged me about a job in his team (within the same company but a different business within it) that pays slightly better than the one I do now and has better earning potential in the future but not totally sure I want to jump from the job I do now... so I told my boss about it today to see what happens, just asked what the prospects are for me in the job I do now and what the road to more money and a promotion are. May as well, what's the worst that can happen?
I casually mentioned a job at another company to my boss once and get a decent pay rise 2 weeks later... I wasn't even fishing for one, just highlighting the systems they were using... I guess the idea that I was looking at job adverts was enough of a catalyst!

Honestly, people who insist on talking endlessly about the work - specifically senior/well paid people for things they are responsible for - not big things either - rather than just doing it/working through it themselves.

No, I don't want to sit on the phone and have you "talk me through" what you've done knowing full well it's incomplete, please just send it over done and I will thank you endlessly, give you a rave review. and we can both log off early and live our best lives.

I'm really unhappy in my job and so am finally looking to move into a different industry (one I've always wanted to be a part of), but have a question if anyone is able to help? I'm applying for a Production Office Runner, but have got stumped by the Salary Expectation question, which I wasn't expecting. I know it would have to be a huge drop from what I'm on at the moment, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the most realistic expectation is for a job like this?
So, didn’t get shortlisted for this which I’m sad about, but we move.
I just really need out of my current work situation. I’ve never felt so physically and emotionally drained in a job. The search continues …

Management making us brainstorm a whole-ass hour with some new strategies stuff for specific goals... Only thing is, we do need a bit of money for it.

Then our CFO denies the extra budget.

So we all just wasted an hour on ideas and all kinda stuff.

I mean can't they discuss this with each other first if there's the budget?

deadbananaz.gif

He/Him
Basically I've had to go the Netherlands five times this past month or so to fight for our budget (I want to get a smidge of a pay rise for my team), but then these shmucks give us our electricity bill for last month, which is three fucking times what we usually pay, because of this heat and the rise of energy.

They kinda went "Yeah, so the other four times you came over were kinda null and void, weren't they? hahaha".

I ran out of there and haven't answered any of their calls or emails about it, because I'm fucking fuming.

Reactions: Sam
Going on lunch with an former colleague and her asking for the juice while there was none... But now a weekend later our HR department is leaving, and they will ask people that left with a goodbye party 3 months ago to come back ddd

It finally happened, I've been asked to return to the office for good.
giphy.gif

It's not my immediate team or even department that decided this, but another team I work with who have deemed it mandatory. Like many, I've already seen my bills and rent rise and have felt the pinch, but now I get to throw the cost of commuting back into the mix. Going in every once in a while was fine, but I could really do without this.

Staff member
This is a post kind of asking for advice but kind of venting too so n n n.

Basically work is...a lot right now. I still love it, I really do, but we've had 2 managers leave in the last few months, no new one seemingly on the horizon, and so I'm technically "deputy" while only having been Acting Sales Supervisor for..less than 4 months dd? There's a lot of workload and with that brings so much pressure and I'm finding it like I just have no time for anything else other than my job? I'm off from Friday for a week but I feel like that is the worst bad timing because there's so much changing and my anxiety is not going to let me actually have a break ff. How do people who work full time in a ""managerial position"" (the quotations because I literally didn't apply for this) have a personal life because I'm struggling with that a bitsy!!

He/Him
This is a post kind of asking for advice but kind of venting too so n n n.

Basically work is...a lot right now. I still love it, I really do, but we've had 2 managers leave in the last few months, no new one seemingly on the horizon, and so I'm technically "deputy" while only having been Acting Sales Supervisor for..less than 4 months dd? There's a lot of workload and with that brings so much pressure and I'm finding it like I just have no time for anything else other than my job? I'm off from Friday for a week but I feel like that is the worst bad timing because there's so much changing and my anxiety is not going to let me actually have a break ff. How do people who work full time in a ""managerial position"" (the quotations because I literally didn't apply for this) have a personal life because I'm struggling with that a bitsy!!
I can't really give you any advice on having a personal life, because I'm kind of struggling with that myself outside of the weekends, but I go for a walk every single day with my phone on mute and with headphones on, so basically shutting me off from the world for a good hour. It's done wonders for my mental state and anxiety.

Sorry for not being any help at all, but as I said I'm struggling with juggling everything myself. For six years now.

I met a former colleague who is currently in the process of finding a new job, and she recommended me to get a Google certificate in project management. Does anybody have experience with this? Is it worth it?

I am a teacher and I am content with both my profession and my workplace (and I also have experience in teaching at university and textbook editing), but my boyfriend and I have had enough of the homophobia in our country and would like to move abroad in a couple of years, probably to a German-speaking country as I also speak fluent German. I understand, however, that acquiring a certificate to teach there is extremely hard because the profession is highly regulated and I'm not sure they would accept my degree, and it's so bad that I cannot launch the process from my home country in advance. So I will probably end up having a change of career if we do end up relocating.