The Workplace & Job Hunting

This sounds like hell and I’m glad you’ve managed to get a new role to escape! If it’s any help, I was in a job like this a few years back and absolutely dreaded every day that I was working. When I managed to get a new role and handed in my resignation, I immediately got my GP to sign me off sick for stress for the remainder of my time there.

Means I didn’t have to work my notice period while also getting paid by them. I’d recommend looking in to how possible that may be!
This is actually a very good idea and hugely tempting - thank you for the suggestion! I shall look into this as an option because I don't think I'll last much longer nn

This is actually a very good idea and hugely tempting - thank you for the suggestion! I shall look into this as an option because I don't think I'll last much longer nn

Good to hear! It was all above board too. I got an appointment with the GP, explained my situation and how it was making me feel, and they immediately gave me a signed letter to hand to my employer. It also gave me a good amount of down time to get myself together and relax before going in to my new role.

Best of luck!

One of those 'superstar' employees is leaving my place and various department leads are melting like snowmen in July. It's funny how there's suddenly money to throw when someone's going.

Check your country's regulation about all this; you can sometimes get a free call with government agencies that help. They can't make you stay, even tough you've signed a resignation. They can't make you delete your own posts too, as far as I know. Get lost there, as loyalty gives employees nothing. Fuck em!

Sam

he/they
Omg that went great. Interviews in Jan, 10% pay rise and he said it sounds like I’m a great fit for the team. Job went live this morning so got an application in. Thrilled!

Interview on Friday! Got the brief through yesterday and already more than halfway through it. It’s similar to what I studied in the past for that other role I didn’t get and everything’s slowly coming back to me and still makes sense, which I’m pleased about.

Going on holiday on Monday for 4 nights so will probably end up checking my emails the whole time but never mind. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls x

I've never felt more disengaged and unmotivated at work than I have since being promoted to manager last year. I miss being an individual contributor. Planning, organizing, delegating, mentoring, etc. is so zzzzz. Or maybe I just suck at it.

britunbotheredxlj1q.gif

She/Her/Queen
First day back in the office after two months of working remote and this HOT straight colleague who can't stop touching me did it again today, excitedly. He's married and his father in law is the country's something something Minister.

After some water cooler convo and catching up, I noticed his flies were undone and it took me a good 30 mins to make sure I don't tell it to him in a way that could get me in trouble with HR or offend him. I kept saying, oh there's something i have to tell you. And he was like, "What is it what is it? Do you want to go to somewhere private?" (We were in the meeting room). Like I was going to tell him a huge secret ALDKKFfffF

And I went: "No no no that'll be even worse, I'll Whatsapp you!" And then as I'm typing what I was gonna say "Hey your flies are undone!" I realised that sounds even worse in text and he could screenshot it and it'd be misconstrued, so I just decided to blurt it out to him YOUR FLIES ARE UNDONE! and ran out of the meeting room.

giphy.gif

THE DRAMA. THE AWKWARDNESS. This is why I prefer not to step my ass into the office!

Oh and because I can't be bothered to remove my lash extensions, there was this girl who clocked it and asked my colleague who is that - IS THAT A GUY OR A GIRL? Le fucking sigh.

Last edited:
First day back in the office after two months of working remote and this HOT straight colleague who can't stop touching me did it again today, excitedly. He's married and his father in law is the country's Education Minister.

After some water cooler convo and catching up, I noticed his flies were undone and it took me a good 30 mins to make sure I don't tell it to him in a way that could get me in trouble with HR or offend him. I kept saying, oh there's something i have to tell you. And he was like, "What is it what is it? Do you want to go to somewhere private?" (We were in the meeting room). Like I was going to tell him a huge secret ALDKKFfffF

And I went: "No no no that'll be even worse, I'll Whatsapp you!" And then as I'm typing what I was gonna say "Hey your flies are undone!" I realised that sounds even worse in text and he could screenshot it and it'd be misconstrued, so I just decided to blurt it out to him YOUR FLIES ARE UNDONE! and ran out of the meeting room.

giphy.gif

THE DRAMA. THE AWKWARDNESS. This is why I prefer not to step my ass into the office!

Oh and because I can't be bothered to remove my lash extensions, there was this girl who clocked it and asked my colleague who is that - IS THAT A GUY OR A GIRL? Le fucking sigh.

I’m invested and I need daily updates.

he/him/basic cishomo
First day back in the office after two months of working remote and this HOT straight colleague who can't stop touching me did it again today, excitedly. He's married and his father in law is the country's something something Minister.

giphy.gif

SIS ahahahahahahahaha. How do we get you a Quinta Brunson primetime comedy??

Hope this is okay to ask but like, do you ever have a day where someone doesn't act a fool towards you? :/

One of those 'superstar' employees is leaving my place and various department leads are melting like snowmen in July. It's funny how there's suddenly money to throw when someone's going.
This reads like an officially unwritten HR policy. I’ve lost so many rockstar level colleagues because they didn’t have the right stakeholders championing them, and they always got bullshxt reasons for missing out on promotions. One was hilarious: you should get a coach show your commitment to progressing; six months on… your dependence on your coach tells us you’re not ready. Cue department-wide meltdown when she handed in her notice followed by “is a match on your offer (a 30% bump) + 10% enough?” She left anyway and has since been promoted twice. The corporate world can be such a joke sometimes. Clowns.

My friend just applied for his managers' job (an interim) to make a point. Okay I guess, wonder how that works out. But sometimes it's needed indeed.

I... really want AI to be banned. Chat GPT did really help me in my last uni semester (dd) but I'd honestly rather just struggle in the future. It's getting weird.