The X-Factor 2008 | Page 174 | The Popjustice Forum

The X-Factor 2008

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by ***Jaffa_19***, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Charley

Charley Staff Member

DIRK WON!

[​IMG]

The 39-year old won with 53,31% of the votes. At one point there were only 3 (THREE!) votes between the winner and the runner-up.

Performances of the night:

Tom: 'Too Late' (self written) - 'All I Want For Christmas' (Mariah Carey) - 'Chariot' (Gavin DeGraw)
    Dirk: 'Hip To Be Square' (Huey Lewis and the News) - 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' (erm... a lot of people?) - 'Little Wing' (Jimi Hendrix)

Dirk was just better on the night. It'll be interesting to see how a future career will turn out, though...

Highlights of the series include:
    - Judge Maurice refusing to send home someone when two of his acts were bottom 2
    - Judge Do saying 'I was a bit emotional last week, but I was having my period'

Dirk's final performance after winning isn't online yet, but here he is singing (and playing the sax to) the song, 'Don't Look Back' by The Temptations, in an earlier live show!

2. Charley

Charley Staff Member

3. Disinclined

Disinclined Guest

What will I do tonight :(

4. Strictly?

5. I just had the same thought. Luckily for me not long till the next reality show, Celeb BB will save me on the second of January!

6. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

The proper one, on Channel 4! Yay!

7. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Well here's something that's bound to make Leon Jackson feel better... Flemish X-Factor winner Dirk (Studio version of his debut single 'Walk And Don't Look Back' can be heard here) only got signed for 2 singles! (!!!) He's not even sure he's going to get to make an album! Sony blames the economy, by the way.

8. [​IMG]

Well done Daniel for getting a knighthood!

9. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

10. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a140599/bunton-hoping-for-x-factor-offer.html

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Well, they did approach Mel B before Cheryl...

I think this would be good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.