The X-Factor 2008

I don't doubt she's ill, Numerology - I just think it was a bit foolish to talk on her VT clip when she's supposed to be ill.

I did love how she was laying in bed with make-up, mascara and lip-gloss on though.

Nah, I'm sure she's ill - it doesn't stop me thinking she's a bit of a knob though!

NadineCoylesBeatch said:
I love Diana but she wasn't one of Disco Week's highlights.

That title surely goes to Ruth or Alexandra..

I agree with Numerology.

Diana, for me, was the unexpected highlight of Disco Week!

Numerology said:
These rumours of Diana feigning illness because she couldn't be able to muster a Mariah track is ridiculous.

Do we not remember Disco Week? Do we not remember that everyone thought she'd fail epicly? Do we not remember that it one of the nights highlights because she completley knocked it out of the park?

I do.
Good? Yes.
Unexpectedly so? Yes.
Highlight? No.
Her diction annoys me awfully. I couldn't understand a word She sang throughout Call Me.

I think Diana and Disco week was my highlight of the series so far.
Then agian, as I've mentioned before, I love Diana V and Debbie H to the max.

Plus I'm a huge fan of exaggeration.

NadineCoylesBeatch said:
I feel so ashamed saying this but Eoghan wasn't that bad on Mariah Carey week.

He's never the worst every week (that's Daniel's place) but he wasnt the second worst either this week, the song really suited his voice.

I can't remember who said it on here but it's true that Eoghan sems to go from totally shit to bizarrely great from week to week.

Dazzle said:
That may have been me. He's done amazing performances in weeks one, three and five but weeks two and four were slightly crap!

So does that mean he is gonna be rubbish next week!

Did anybody see Laura and Holly on "This Morning" today? Does it annoy anyone else how Laura keeps saying stuff like "I dont know how ive left the competition, i watched my perfomance back and i thought it was quite good!"

I do feel sorry for Daniel (but not because of his sob story!) He was much better on saturday, but because he is not at the same level as everybody else, they are saying he is rubbish. I agree that he is the weakest of the bunch, but he definitly deserves more praise!

chapmantrout said:
Dazzle said:
That may have been me. He's done amazing performances in weeks one, three and five but weeks two and four were slightly crap!

Did anybody see Laura and Holly on "This Morning" today? Does it annoy anyone else how Laura keeps saying stuff like "I dont know how ive left the competition, i watched my perfomance back and i thought it was quite good!"

Read her digitalspy interview. She's clearly quite deluded if she thought her performance was better than Ruth's in either the main part of the show OR the sing-off. Laura is clearly a girl that listens to, and believes her own hype.

If only she'd shown as much arrogance and self assured attirude during the sing-off and final decision - because she looks like she's given up to me! She's got a bit of a potato head at the best of times, but the gurning didn't help...

xrxyxaxnx said:

I seriously for the life of me can't understand how anyone would think of this as a highlight when the poor girl sat down, groaned and didn't move AT ALL (well, except for her evil hand). She sounded slightly less annoying than other weeks but I think it's unfair that she is allowed to remain still to control her mouth rinsing (and is praised for that) when others can do it all and still sound fantastic.

hidesebastian! said:
xrxyxaxnx said:

I seriously for the life of me can't understand how anyone would think of this as a highlight when the poor girl sat down, groaned and didn't move AT ALL (well, except for her evil hand). She sounded slightly less annoying than other weeks but I think it's unfair that she is allowed to remain still to control her mouth rinsing (and is praised for that) when others can do it all and still sound fantastic.

I just can't see how anyone can find her annoying?!!
She's absolutely amazing and just oozes star quality. Diana is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition and will be VERY successful IMO, & not just in the UK.
I wish the X-Factor came on over here in Oz so everyone could see what they're missing out on. The talent this year is really quite phenomenal :)

girlsaloudjunkie said:
hidesebastian! said:
xrxyxaxnx said:

She's absolutely amazing and just oozes star quality. Diana is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition and will be VERY successful IMO, & not just in the UK.
I wish the X-Factor came on over here in Oz so everyone could see what they're missing out on. The talent this year is really quite phenomenal :)

That's quite a depressing picture of Oz you've painted there.

girlsaloudjunkie said:
hidesebastian! said:
xrxyxaxnx said:

She never has any performance quality though. Most specifically you can't concentrate on anything apart from her fucking hand!

And her voice is fine for one song but try her performances back to back. It's painful.

I'm completely convinced that all the Diana naysayers are due to programmes like The X Factor steadfastly trying to convince the public that karaoke style Mariah-esque warblings are what makes a good singer. It's not. Of the remaining contestants, she's the only one who you would hear on the radio, and instantly recognise as her. And that's what makes a recording artist. From Mary J, to MJ, to Elton, to Beyonce, even Britney - the biggest stars are all ones with a unique voice, and I just don't think any of the others have that. Whether you like her interpretations or not - she's at least put her stamp on the songs she's sung, which I don't think anyone else has really. Candyman for example, was great - but exactly the same as Christina's Candyman. JLS's One Sweet Day sounded nice, but there was nothing unique to it that the original didn't have. I'm not even gonna comment on Eoghan.

Alex, for example, is a great singer, and a great dancer, and pretty talented. But she's no better really than Jamelia - and we've all seen how that panned out. I don't think you'd ever hear Alexandra on the radio, and instinctively know it was her..

Whilst I agree with everything you say, Mark, I said most of the same about Leona in 07, and I guess I was proved wrong there. Sounding like a Whitney/Mariah lovechild has done her no harm.

No doubt someone has already said this, but it seems that Diana is like Marmite! Love her or hate her! I love her voice*!

*I hate Marmite though.

Daneeeboy said:
Whilst I agree with everything you say, Mark, I said most of the same about Leona in 07, and I guess I was proved wrong there. Sounding like a Whitney/Mariah lovechild has done her no harm.

The only thing I'd say to that is Whitney isn't around at the moment, and as we saw from Saturday, Mariah certainly doesn't sing like that anymore! I think Leona is SUCH an exceptional vocalist as well, that it kinda didn't matter.

I mean, Diana does have bits of loads of other singers in her vocal style, but no one that's out at the moment, which is why I think she stands out so much....

I agree that her voice is unique. But for me it's harsh and not that pleasant to listen to and I just cant see myself enduring an albums worth of material from her.

Weezerfan said:
girlsaloudjunkie said:
hidesebastian! said:
xrxyxaxnx said:

That's quite a depressing picture of Oz you've painted there.

Lol well you should see our final 3 in Idol at the moment (Although I do like Mark). Pretty much everyone left in the X-Factor is better than them bar Daniel :)

I think alex has a very distinctive voice. her style may be similar to others but she's got a wonderful lower register and she genuinely connects with the songs. diana's voice is so affected, so falsely manufactured by herself that that is surely the reason she's straining. And it's nowhere near as individual as other female artists that have been on these types of shows before - suzanna on pop idol 2, the wonderful alex parks from that lesser programme. I think she'd be dreadful doing a whole gig, the stage is simply too big for her and the style of music that she wishes to do. However, she could be a good albums artist with work, but then how much input would she have and would she write her own material to be classed as a great singer songwriter. In her favour she's young and therefore carries no baggage. I think she'll struggle once they start to perform more than one song, she'll appear limited whereas alex can do all styles and, rather cleverly, has mainly done uptempo so when she returns to performances like 'listen, she'll probably reaffirm herself as favourite.