The X Factor 2021 | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The X Factor 2021

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Matgo, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Give it a couple of years, they will bring back an all new singing talent show and start again with something under a new name, new format etc.
    I do still feel there is an audience for a singing show, but it needs to go right back to basics.

Even if they did it like the original Popstars where it was all pre-recorded and the audience was a fly on the wall rather than the weekly live monster it became. I dunno. I’m sad and glad all at once.

mi|kshake and Pretty Places like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The X Factor isn’t really over until we lose it as a whole sub-forum xx

3. But we already knew that it was on a break, that ITV have a contract for one more series and that Simon was intending on bringing it back at some point. And The Sun article even suggests it might still be back in 2023. The ITV statement in no way suggests that they have axed it, just that there is no info they can give about any future series.

I won't be surprised if Simon does realise it's time to knock it on the head, but on the other hand on a good week it was still able to get a solid 6 million viewers and maybe after a few years viewers will want it back.

4. Quite often when UK shows are axed, the press release will just say there are no current plans for a renewal / more episodes at this time.

5. Rob

Rob

Imagine wanting to take career advice from Simon Cowell or Louis Walsh in 2021.

Chris Lala and iveivan like this.
  6. Even worse, from Sharon Osborne.

7. We don’t need XFactor anymore and Louis saying ‘you look like a little Olivia Rodrigo’

8. Society has progressed past the need for X Factor.

thequinntessential likes this.
  9. They'll either let the contract expire or if there is a minimum amount of series guarantee, then we'll probably get a celebrity or an all stars limited run to see it out.

10. I know some of the acts are saying that they were mistreated by the show and I totally sympathise with that.

But I wonder if television will ever be as utterly electrifying as The X Factor was from 2008-2010 ever again?

Rob and crash9081 like this.
  11. The X Factor served some incredibly iconic and enjoyable moments over the years. But the format is tired and no amount of revamping or restructuring at this stage will save it. it's definitely for the best to move on. Regardless, they've cemented their legacy in pop culture so they'll never be entirely forgotten.

Rob, Jamie and heartmightmelt like this.
  12. I don't know if someone from here did this, but here's a rabbit hole for you:

The "ONLY THE YOUNG!!!" clip has ruined me.

13. Somebody should host a rate of all the best X Factor moments.

14. Diana Vickers: Call Me

end of ratings.

15. "I am so fed up of Mr Humble, Mr 'should I sell my Volkswagen? Should I keep it?'"

I can't stand the woman, but she called that one absolutely right.

16. I can't stand her either, but it was interesting that she was able to smell the BS a mile off from any contestant.

17. Nah, it's still a toxic show which ruined lives.

18. Yes, on the surface it was about music and talent. In reality, it wasn’t. It was only about money and ratings through exploitation and cruelty.

Matgo likes this.
  19. X Factor gave us Leona Lewis and Fifth Harmony, it was worth it.

20. Nothing was worth what went on behind the scenes. We still don't know the half of it.

iveivan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.