The X Factor 2021 | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The X Factor 2021

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Matgo, Jan 8, 2021.

1. I sort of half agree but also... did anybody who applied after the second or third series pay any attention to the show? The music industry is what it is and it's brutal and not for the faint heart.

There's a whole bunch of level-headed people who were clearly crap and needed a reality check. I don't feel sorry for them. The people who were talented enough to get noticed but just put through the ringer from the production team for the sake of TV I feel sort of bad for... to a point.

It's the people who had clear and visible issues with their mental health and/or their ability to comprehend the situation who were obviously put through to laugh at I always felt uncomfortable about. I really wish that had been dialled back.

2. Giving the British public the responsibility of deciding anything has never gone that well.

For every Leona or Little Mix we got, we also had Leon Jackson, everyone who won after LM, a gazillion contestants like Eoghan Quigg dangerously close to winning, Boaty McBoatface, and Brexit.

jonny, Andrew and Whosthatboy122 like this.
  3. I hadn't realised that only one of the show's last four winners released an album. Clearly, it wasn't just the public who gave up.

mi|kshake and jonny like this.
  4. I’d forgotten entirely about this moment. The power that not standing up has.

5. Malta has used the X Factor to choose its Eurovision participant...and now Israel are doing it too.

6. His main beef was with Cheryl, and back tracked his Dannii comment later as he said he likes both Kylie and Dannii. But what was his issue with Cheryl? She never said anything negative about him before.

7. He said some things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.