The X Factor will not return in 2020 | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The X Factor will not return in 2020

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Matgo, Feb 7, 2020.

1. 1. I imagine in practice "putting your foot down" isn't an option;
    2. Are they paid to do the show? Either way, exposure and the chance at stardom is hard to turn down;
    3. There might have been a whole lot more else said/done that was edited out?

Mvnl and Matgo like this.
  2. Yeah, it's important not to underestimate the whole process which got her to that audition. I know Zoe and she was done dirty.

Like I said nearly all the experiences I've heard have been horrendous.

Leopold likes this.
  3. I’d be interested in hearing.

Shockbox likes this.
  4. I think for me the most uncomfortable audition was Ceri. The fact that this was her fourth audition and the producers kept allowing her to come back. And on top of that the Jaws theme wasn’t very nice.

thequinntessential likes this.
  5. Her family claims that producers harassed her to get her to return to the show, including offering expenses and sending backing tracks of songs they thought she should sing.

She'd lost her husband very suddenly to a brain haemorrhage and was incredibly vulnerable.

Colin and Mr Brightside like this.
  6. I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy from Popstars the rivals who ended up in PHIXX was asked to audition in 2008 to create some tension between him and Cheryl. They did the same thing to Britney when Don Philip auditioned on the US version.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Leopold likes this.
  7. That was painful and embarrassing. His audition was dreadful and Britney looked like she was praying for the ground to open up and swallow her whole.

Leopold and Mr Brightside like this.
  8. Thank goodness

9. Don Philip claims:

10. Oh that was sooo awkward. They made it look like he'd come on the show to come out to Britney, like she gave a shit anyway.

11. Me too.

Mr Brightside likes this.
  12. Without breaching confidentiality it's difficult but there are plenty of stories of manipulation and putting the entertainment show and the show's reputation above the well being of acts. There is one story in particular that was covered up, which is out there but inappropriate to discuss in detail here.

Mr Brightside likes this.
  13. Is that the one that happened in Series 6?

14. No, another one - I'd forgotten about the series 6 one though.

15. My DMs are open

16. as are mine!

17. I'd be interested in hearing too.

18. I'm very intrigued about what the other one is

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That really was the judges gaslighting a contestant and it wasn't cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.