The X Files | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

The X Files

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Deleted member 5343, Jan 19, 2015.

1. I'm blaming the network for being cheapskates who didn't want to follow through on Fuller's vision when they're the one who hired him in the first place.

2. jtm

jtm

To be honest, Fuller has gone a bit overboard in recent years. Parts of Hannibal and season 1 of American Gods were sometimes too much of him up his own ass. At this point he needs a strong second showrunner to control him.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Osiris likes this.
  3. To be fair, Bryan Fuller has walked away from three other shows becaude he didn't get his own way. He's undoubtedly become a bit of a diva.

Meathook, Osiris and jtm like this.
  4. There's just no reason for it ever to come back. They had not one, but two chances to either satisfyingly resolve the show's mythology or wipe the slate clean and reinvent the series, but they struggled to do either. It's done.

People can scapegoat Gillian if they want someone to blame, but ultimately, the showrunners are the people who drove this reboot into the ground.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  5. Could not agree more - none of the blame lies with any of the cast, they all did a great job. It was purely a writing issue - it was atrocious, especially the mythology episodes. They were such a mess and a complete embarrassment. And with only a handful of decent standalones there's no point in ruining it's legacy any further.

6. I miss this show being good.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

We'll always have The Post Modern Prometheus.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  8. Started re-watching the 6 part ‘event series’ and forgot how bad it is. So clunky and it’s almost like a parody.

Such a mess what happened with this show in the end.

9. I still haven't watched the final series. What a useless revival.

Meathook likes this.
  10. There were a few good episodes in that final season, to be fair, but the way the show ended and the overall tone of the series was just off.

11. Some of the standalone episodes were pretty good, but any of the mythology ones were truly horrendous. Terrible storylines and dialogue. That final episode was unforgivable.

12. Scully's wigs were also unforgivable.

Remorque, If You Go, moorje and 2 others like this.
  13. Somebody in hair and makeup really hated Gillian to foist that monstrosity on top of her head.

If You Go and moorje like this.
  14. [​IMG]

Once they remembered Scully always had a side parting not a middle one it looked much better.
    [​IMG]
    That bob wig was the worst though.
    [​IMG]

Remorque and #teamdodd! like this.
  15. I watched Our Town last night for the first time in years. Ugh, terrifying.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  16. Do you think Chris Carter was secretly planning a spin-off when he introduced agents Miller and Einstein in season 10/11?

I didn’t mind Miller but Einstein was annoying and it was a terrible name to give her.

17. Probably, but they were Mulder and Scully except not actually Mulder and Scully. I couldn't see the point in a spin-off.

DoggySwami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.