✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖: Eliminations Continue! | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖: Eliminations Continue!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by BEST FICTION, Apr 30, 2020.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

And the voice of Blue Diamond in Steven Universe.

2. R27

R27

The right track left first but there's a few others I would have eliminated before the other two collabs. However, I'm not particularly bothered by esther's exit.

Remorque, Maki and BEST FICTION like this.
  3. Sorry to this woman.

4. I have 2 more eliminations to do today but my cat has taken over my computer chair and if I wake her up she will be annoying and hyperactive so give me a bit!

5. I'm already loving this and PRAY Make The World Move gets to leave today!

6. I never watched The Voice, but I knew who Tony Lucca was because he dated Keri Russell for eight years and starred with her, post-MMC, on this god-awful soap opera called Malibu Shores (even as a 12-year-old with terrible taste, I knew this was bad):

A lot of people really tried to make him happen, but he was entirely undeserving. I love that Christina could see that.

7. I actually like Chris Mann's "duet" ddd judge me.

As for the other two
    [​IMG]

8. I like the original version of The Blower's Daughter ... kinda ... but the cover is just a waste of time.

9. I actually gave "The Blower's Daughter" an 8. Somehow I really liked it even considering I heard for the first time rating the songs for this very rate.

10. [​IMG]

There's a great big future in this promise land
    Everyone deserves to hold it in their hand

[​IMG]
    America: 5.146
    (@soratami), 9 (@Music Is Life)
    0 (@LA Hallucinations, @Doenjang), 1 (@OspreyQueen, @Sleepycat)
    6.75 (@BEST FICTION)

"America" was released on November 4, 2017 as part of the soundtrack for the documentary Served Like a Girl. The soundtrack was compiled by long time collaborator Linda Perry, and included previously unreleased material from Perry's work with artists like Xtina, P!nk, Gwen Stefani & Lykke Li. The documentary follows women who have served for the US military adapting to life post-deployment, as they prepare to compete for the title for Ms. Veteran America. I can only assume this was made as part of the original vision of what would later become Liberation, where Xtina referenced working with new & old collaborators. Sometimes delays are a good thing.

Lyrically the song vaguely describes what some would say is the American dream. It's pretty much a song about how great America is but with some analogies about how it's not exactly always fair. All in all it probably served a purpose for the documentary, but I also don't think it was included it in and the soundtrack was just a companion to the project... Fingers crossed this is the last of their collaborations if they're gonna be this bad lyrically!

11. Geez. I'm glad this is out but Make The World Move still being here makes me seethe. I will need that song's full scoresheet!

[​IMG]

12. Oop I do feel like I overscored that one a bit. I think the main reason I liked it so much is it reminded me a lot of Jewel.

13. Lemme squeeze out our last result so I can go to bed.. at 6am...

[​IMG]

Father, you left me but I never left you
    I needed you but you didn’t need me

[​IMG]
    Mother: 5.279
    (@Remorque, @Music Is Life), 8.5 (@Slice of Life, @eatyourself)
    0 (@Hurricane Drunk), 1 (@jawow_, @OspreyQueen, @LA Hallucinations)
    6.25 (@BEST FICTION)

"Mother" was released on June 17, 2007 as part of the compilation Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur. The album is comprised of covers of John Lennon's music to benefit the war stricken Darfur region of Sudan. Yoko Ono, Lennon's widow and collaborator, donated his songs & royalties to Amnesty International, who spearheaded the project. Among the artists included were Avril Lavigne, U2, R.E.M, Lenny Kravitz, Aerosmith & more. Xtina's cover of "Mother" was produced by Linda Perry, and she would later perform the song live at Perry's birthday in 2016.

The original song was released in 1970 and peaked at #43 on the Hot 100. Barbra Streisand covered the song and released it as a single from her thirteenth album in 1971, peaking at #79 on the Hot 100. Shigesato Itoi, the creator of the Mother series on Nintendo consoles, stated that the title of the games was inspired by the Lennon track.

[​IMG]

14. Tomorrow we will see the elimination of another 5 songs including:
    • Another extra
    • Three album tracks, each from a different album
    • One more collab
    Guesses? Tire yourself out!

15. Next song out should be that horrid collab in Spanish released in 2013. It was my only 0 in the rate.

bakerboy92 and BEST FICTION like this.
  16. Ha, my favorite discovery of the whole rate! I just love how melodramatic it is. Makes sense that it was the theme song for a telenovela. It probably will go early, but my 9.5 may help it survive the next round.

17. Ooh quite happy with the ones gone so far. Looking back, I think I was a little too lenient with some of my scores.

BEST FICTION likes this.
  18. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered "America" WASN'T a West Side Story cover...

19. Absolutely NOT. The song is one of her biggest hits in LatAM to date and she was also serving LOOKS in the video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.