✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖: Eliminations Continue! | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖: Eliminations Continue!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by BEST FICTION, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Make Over is hilarious. The blatant plagiarism.

2. nn I hate the Make Over chorus. I'm very much here for the production tho.

BEST FICTION likes this.
  3. Here's some bullshit I'd like to save for another day.

Make Over lives up to its name because I had hair before I listened to it for the first time. I didn't afterwards.

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

5. And I thought you only had trash taste when it comes to ballads...

I think "Make Over" is similar to Lady Gaga's "Americano" situation - too bonkers and amazing for some to handle, making it severely underrated.
    Those who blame the plagiarism, it basically samples "Overload", a 10/10 song, which alone secures it a high score. You just can't win with that argument.

6. Girl those ballads on the P!nk debut album can still choke.

A 10 on some days.

7. She's listening to My Kind Of Christmas

[​IMG]

8. The fact they even use the word "Overload" in one verse and think they wouldn't get caught, kii.

9. Happy two year anniversary <3

10. aux

aux

This is how you do a comeback single. I’m going to compare these two because they were both released after an eighth year gap without releasing a full album. Robyn’s Missing U really just felt like a continuation of Body Talk, albeit slightly more hypnotic in its structure like most of the parent album. It’s a good song, but it didn’t feel like anything new for Robyn. Accelerate came as a completely new sound for Christina, and I would argue it paid off. The song grabbed me immediately with its bonkers production. The features actually work extremely well too, and add something to the track unlike some people in the forum made it seem when it first came out. This would be my 11, if it weren’t for another song that came out before this, but this is for sure a 10.

11. Staying up till 2am in the morning waiting for the track to drop, listening to it and watching the forum react to it in real time is one of my favourite Popjustice memories.

12. Accelerate was the perfect comeback single, and anyone slandering it due to the features will be put on my hit list. Nothing personal.

13. Accelerate does exactly that what Triumphant should have done. Heavy featured but still revolving around that big voice making that female lead essential. It is exceptional.

14. I've been doing this since Thursday and dreading getting to Lotus. Why am i putting myself into misery while on quarantine? At least Liberation is coming next.

15. How does one go about scoring songs like Moves Like Jagger? The song itself? Trash. But Xtina’s bridge is actually alright so I don’t think it warrants a 0 (no matter how much I want to give it one since Maroon 5 might be the worst thing to happen to pop music). So... a 1?

16. I have no idea how others feel about this but I was listening back to the Hunger Games soundtrack, and We Remain really is that girl. The way it builds into this anthem about being defiant by surviving the odds or just existing when all others had discounted you. Such a testament to her as a Popstar in 2013. It accomplishes the sonic soundscape Alex Da Kid was going for on Lotus as well as the lyrical themes of resiliency on that album (see “Cease Fire”), but better. The way I’ll never get tired of hearing her rasp and gorgeous falsetto in the same sweeping chorus. This been an In Defense Of (I kid, don’t come for me @RJF).

17. Blank Page really is an epic song, completely sucked me in last night. In fact, Lotus makes an impressive 10 track album when you cut off the slack.

18. Her debut aside, she has a ton of stunning ballads. Blank Page better not get done dirty.

19. I will likely be giving a 10 to Stripped parts 1 and 2.

20. She's listening to a homerun more commonly known as Back To Basics

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.