✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖: Eliminations Continue! | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖: Eliminations Continue!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by BEST FICTION, Apr 30, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

I absolutely can't wait for this even though I'm still getting a bit nervous just thinking at the oh so many potential 11s at hand; I guess the fact that I have no clue which Christina song is my all-time favorite of hers is testimony to just how incredible her discography highlights are. I'm a bit tempted to actually not use my 11 or just give it to a track I'd rate with a 10 but know it wouldn't have much of a chance to go far in here.

Speaking of.

I'd better NOT see any low rates for these two gems.

2. Probably should start tagging people soon, but the closing date is approaching soon... Lemme pretend it won't be extended so y'all get desperate and send the scores in.

3. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Alright, I'm still not caught up on this thread, but I've started rating the songs. Really hoping I can get this to you by Bionic's anniversary @BEST FICTION ~

4. rdp

rdp

I never actually watched the Tell Me video before and holy hell does she absolutely incredible in that. I mean...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

[​IMG]

Stripped - 8.91
    Liberation - 8.45
    Bionic - 8.09
    Back to Basics - 7.52
    Christina Aguilera - 6.07
    Lotus - 5.31

I feel like my Back to Basics average should also be in the 8 range, but I’ve been working on my scores for so long that I feel like my brain is melting, so that'll be that I suppose.

Doing this has also confirmed that Stripped is one of the most important albums of my life. The confidence, bravado, and most importantly talent that it took to release that album at 22 years old... whew. I adore her.

6. I'm going to be doing this. I love a bit of Christina Aguilera but not really sure what fan favourites tend to be? I think Bionic is probably my favourite album, Stripped probably has the best highs and Ieven though it's not really a whole Christina album, I absolutely adore the Burlesque soundtrack (the film is actually my joint favourite film of all time). I'm about half way through the rate already... I'll say this- some of the Extras are really quite strong aren't they!

Crisp X and BEST FICTION like this.
  7. I feel like Back to Basics is her best album, but Bionic is my favorite. Stripped obviously rounds out my Top 3, although Liberation is not far behind.

8. I always saw myself as a fan and I've loved nearly everything the woman's put out, but I'm actually genuinely surprised at how many feelings some of these songs are giving me.

I really hope the debut's not done wrong.

9. The debut is better than it gets credit for.

10. I am a bit worried my debut average may be too high/close to what others consider her masterpiece, I love it that much. Only Obvious and Blessed really feel forgettable and even they aren't offensive.

londonrain, Remorque and BEST FICTION like this.
  11. I may have given 4 10's to the debut era ddd.

londonrain likes this.
  12. When is the deadline for this?

junkos and Maki like this.
  13. 8th June (potential to be extended I think).

londonrain, junkos and Maki like this.
  14. Thank you. I did the debut and Stripped. Need to get on it this weekend.

Holly Something likes this.
  15. I just have the Spanish album and half the collabs to go. This reminded me how much I hate Say Something and the follow up from them.

Holly Something and Maki like this.
  16. Does this have a closing date?

Maki likes this.
  18. So by when do we need to send our ballots exactly? jk

Crisp X, Maki and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  19. Okay, so I couldn't wait until the weekend so took a few hours off work to do this (priorities!).

This is my first time taking part in a rate and I have to say I'm very surprised by my album's averages. I absolutely love Back to Basics but I guess its highs are offset by some real lows (blame F.U.S.S. and Thank You). I also suppose the longer the album, the more danger you are of having real dull songs. I definitely revisit Back to Basics and Lotus WAY more than the debut.

My scores:
    Stripped - 8.6
    Liberation - 8.1
    Bionic - 7.2
    Mi Reflejo - 6.8
    Christina Aguilera - 6.7
    Collaborations - 6.6
    Back to Basics - 6.4
    Extras - 6.1
    Lotus - 5.6
    Burlesque - 5.2
    Keeps Getting Better - 5.1
    My Kind of Christmas - 2.0

BEST FICTION likes this.
  20. Excuse you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.