✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖ | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by BEST FICTION, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Christina on Tony Lucca's child: I’m not quite sure who this person is, to be honest. I don’t know if it is a man or a woman. I just wasn’t sure. I really don’t spend any time on the Internet, so I guess I live a little under a rock in that respect.

2. As you can see from my score, I fucking love this song. ddd

Granted, it isn't a Christina song but Chris's voice is amazing making it a beautiful version (I love myself a big power ballad).

I'm a massive Xtina fan but living in the UK I never really bothered searching the dark web to watch The Voice - I only found out about any drama on the show when she was promoting Liberation and Sick of Sittin' was being brought up constantly pre-release.

3. Basically some 40 year old retired man named Tony Luccan't auditioned for the show in Season 2, and he expected Xtina to remember him as one of the fellow Mickey Mouse alumni even though he was clearly not a well known singer given him auditioning for the show. Xtina didn't recognise him and that became his entire storyline for the rest of the season. She called Tony one dimensional for being a boring white man with a guitar and accused him of having an unfair advantage because Justin Timberlake was actively promoting him on Twitter to keep him from elimination. So Adam, being the catty manchild he is, got Tony to perform ...Baby One More Time on the show and then would take anything Xtina said out of context to keep Tony around.

Adam ended up saving Tony over his other more talented contestants purely to carry him to the finale due to his Justin Timberlake connection & storyline riding Xtina's dick for an entire season. So Tony performed 99 Problems by Jay-Z, as I mentioned, and it was very obvious who it was directed at. Adam basically recruited the very sexist The Voice fanbase who watched the show to cum over Blake & Adam to go after Xtina for the rest of her stay on that shit. Mediocre, woman hating white men, the world's worst lifeform.

4. I love that my two 0s got eliminated first.

My remaining negatives scores were for Si No Te Hubiera Conocido, Mother, Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti, Say Something and Fall On Me, so any of those next would be lovely.

Also, @BEST FICTION could you include your score in each elimination? It's always interesting seeing how a host rates each song.

5. [​IMG]
    Can’t go wrong ’cause I’m in right
    Ask me when will that day be

[​IMG]
    Steppin' Out With My Baby (with Tony Bennett): 5.053
    (@tj-x), 8.5 (@-M-, @Ana Raquel)
    1 (@constantino, @eliminathan), 2 (@etienne, @Robsolete, @sfmartin, @RainOnFire, @Jonathan27)
    4.5 (@BEST FICTION)

"Steppin' Out With My Baby" was a collaboration released by Tony Bennett on his... like 50th album or something, Viva Duets, which you guessed it, was released on October 22, 2012, the week before both CeeLo & Chris Mann's albums were released. Jesus Christ, what a shit time. Christina & Tony have performed the song live together on 3 separate occasions, and it even garnered a Grammy nomination for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals at the 50th Grammy Awards in 2008. The song was originally performed by Fred Astaire in 1948 for the film Easter Parade. It has since become a staple in Bennett's discography, with him recording it with Michael Buble & Delta Goodrem on two different compilations.

Tony Bennett is currently 93 and his Wikipedia profile has a section called "2006 - present: Bennett continues to perform" which is both inspiring and unfortunate for Gaga fans everywhere. The pair performed the song on SNL & his NBC special, An American Classic, which is currently on his official YouTube in 144p quality. They also performed at the 59th Emmy Awards in 2007, which created this awkward moment where Tony keeps trying to kiss Xtina on the cheek even though she leaned in to whisper something to him...

[​IMG]

6. I didn't mind The Blowers Daughter, I would have kept it in for a while over some of the other stuff in the extras.

7. I screamed at that artwork!

8. That whole Tony Lucca thing was a mess but it made me stan X-Tina harder so a win nonetheless. Poor Chris Mann being tainted with that season. I clearly blocked that.

As for the Tony Bennett duet: actually a pretty weak duet from Tony’s album and that where I expected X to be in her element instead.

9. Your avi. Bye.

10. Honestly the Tony song isn't that bad.

11. I don't remember any of those so far.
    Good.

12. Thank you for this! I feel like a flop fan.

MadameX and BEST FICTION like this.
  13. The Tony Bennett and Chris Mann duets are pleasant to these ears. But not too fussed to see them go.

But as far as duets, I would love to see Just A Fool, Nobody Wants to Be Lonely rank high in this rate though.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  14. Even the lowest placing songs having iconic moments attached to them. Legends only.

And the artworks for "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and "Steppin' Out With My Baby" are hilarious.
    Those copies of "Bionic" falling out of the Christmas sack... I can't.

15. The second half of 2012 must've been a horrible time to be a Christina stan. Imagine getting Lotus and all those awful collabs at the same time from your fave.

16. Ack, The Blower's Daughter was probably my biggest discovery from the extras/collabs section, and I've actually been using it quite a lot for the past few days. I can't say I'm surprised, though, considering how little Christina is actually on it, but in hindsight I would give it at least a 9.

17. A Blower's Daughter - 6,25
    ~ This is a really nice ballad and another cover, but, yeah, Christina's contribution to this song is minimal and it's perfectly reasonable why it was eliminated. I do like the melody at certain parts, so it didn't get a lower score from me.

Steppin' Out With My Baby - 5,75
    ~ It's a cute cover, and I like how playful it sounds, though being only two minutes and having nothing too notable about it makes it another relatively deserving early cut.

Both of these songs belong to the "not bad, but extremely inessential" category, so I absolutely don't mind seeing either of them go.

Another call for "Make the World Move" to leave, but if we're stuck with the extras, "Mother" and "A Song for You" can vacate instead.

18. It's literally just recreating the original, where Damien Rice sings the first two thirds by himself and then a woman (who I can't be bothered to look up) comes in and sing the last part.

It was always going to struggle given that Xtina is hardly on it but as theatrical covers of pop/rock songs go it wasn't bad.

And glad to see that 2 of my lowest scores are out already.

19. LISA HANNIGAN! Irish singer songwriter superstar!! Put some respect on her name!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.