✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖ | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

✖ The XTINA Discography Rate ✖

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by BEST FICTION, Apr 30, 2020.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I like Something's Got a Hold On Me but it's fine that it's out now.

We better not be touching the remaining Burlesque tracks for a while though.

nikkysan, BEST FICTION and Verandi like this.
  2. To be honest, I don't really care for any of the cover jazzy songs from Burlesque outside of the (legendary) movie.

It's all about the PCD-esque bops.

3. [​IMG]

Picture a land where you never have been
    Where life is eternal and evergreen
    The future of happiness and certainty
    You’re loved and you’re lost there for now and eternity

[​IMG]
    Anywhere But Here: 6.471
    (@Music Is Life, @londonrain), 9.25 (@eliminathan)
    1 (@Hurricane Drunk), 3 (@theelusivechanteuse, @LA Hallucinations, @Phloo, @fatyoshi)
    9.5 (@BEST FICTION)

"Anywhere But Here" is a song recorded for the Finding Neverland musical's official soundtrack which was released in 2015. Finding Neverland is a play created by Gary Barlow & Eliot Kennedy based on the book The Man Who Was Peter Pan, which was also turned into a 2004 film named Finding Neverland too. The soundtrack release featured covers by Zendaya, Kiesza, Nick Jonas, Ellie Goulding, Paloma Faith, Jennifer Lopez, Trey Songz, Jon Bon Jovi, Pentatonix, John Legend, Christina Perri, and The Goo Goo Dolls. It charted at #114 on the Billboard Album Charts and #1 on the Billboard Cast Albums Chart. The actual cast of the play released an album with the tracks the following week, which outcharted the celebrity cover album at #84 on the Album Charts.

All in all the song was a welcome addition to Xtina's discography, and for me was really quite reassuring because prior to it some of the in studio vocal takes we were getting were... questionable. Lotus & We Remain in particular, don't @ me. So this song kinda put my mind at ease that when Xtina is in the studio with someone who can hone her instrument, that she will be fine. And I was right!

4. We Remain is magnificent though and top 20 X-tina.

5. I guess we will just have to see if We Strain is actually Top 20 when we get there in 2022.

[​IMG]

6. "Anywhere but Here" is gorgeous and I consider it much better than "We Remain" - you're not alone, @BEST FICTION.

I didn't expect some of the rarities ("I Will", "Change" etc.) to outlast all these lovely songs.

7. CHANGE IS STILL IN?!!?!?!!

[​IMG]

8. Sis, the song is written after the shooting at the gaybar in Orlando. Show a little bit of respect. I feel like it is a very powerful song, because of it's message. Perhaps a stronger message than an actual song, I give you that. But no need to call for it.

BEST FICTION likes this.

9. Undoubtedly the intention behind the song was gorgeous, unlike the song itself, a tuneless number which is bottom tier Xtina. If I offended anyone I am deeply sorry but I don't care enough for Change in order to be rooting for it to outlast a bunch of genuinely good songs in this rate despite its message.

10. Catching up on this thread. Morning Dessert, out before Christmas Time?

[​IMG]

BEST FICTION likes this.
  11. Howling at this! I can't.

12. I love that cover. I also love 'We Remain'.

13. Ok cat is in my brother's room so starting from tomorrow I'm going to try to do more than one elimination a day so we can finally get the Top 100 some time this century. Thank you all for being patient with my annoying ass but I promise now that I'm back in the groove that things should improve!

But it's gonna hurt before it gets better.

[​IMG]

Feel the weight of your hate
    I still bleed, my heart aches

[​IMG]
    Best of Me: 6.500
    (@eliminathan), 9.5 (@Music Is Life)
    2 (@theelusivechanteuse), 4 (@LA Hallucinations, @Phloo, @godspeed, @eatyourself)
    9.75 (@BEST FICTION)

"Best of Me" is one of the ballads that was included on the fifth album, Lotus, in November 2012. It was written & produced by Alex Da Kid, Candice Pillay & Xtina, which as I've previously mentioned, is what it sounds the way it does. For some reason I'm a bit more forgiving to this song because vocally Xtina still sounds good and the message (especially after 2010 & 2011 as an Xtina fan) was kind of a serve. Jayson DeZuzio was also involved in the writing and he worked on *looks through notes*... Make The World Move... Moving on. I didn't expect this song to leave so early and I will say it's my favourite ballad from Lotus... That's not saying much considering only two ballads from that album remain (is Just A Fool considered a ballad? I don't know), and there are only 5 altogether. But I like it, and that's all that matters!

14. Wait. Just A Fool is still here?! I had no idea Blake Shelton had the range on this forum.

15. [​IMG]

Slow and sweet
    That's how I sneak up on you
    And when the smoke clears
    Don't say I didn't warn you

[​IMG]
    The Real Thing: 6.503
    (@Verandi), 9.5 (@vague)
    3 (@godspeed, @unnameable, @jawow_), 4 (@Laurence, @Humes, @Phloo)
    7.5 (@BEST FICTION)

"The Real Thing" was a song performed by Christina's character Jade St. John on her debut appearance on the ABC musical drama, Nashville. Jade returns to Nashville for a concert, and meets with her ex-fiance Jeff who is trying to convince her to use one of his artists as her opening act. She agrees on the condition that he link her up with her country idol, Luke Wheeler. The performance happens as an introduction to the show and that's about it. The track was written by Audra Mae who also wrote Shotgun & would later go on to write Fall In Line for Liberation. She is also responsible for co-writing Didn't I & Heartbeat Song with Kelly Clarkson. American Idol Season 8 semi-finalist, Jackie Tohn, is also credited for writing the track.

16. R27

R27

Aw, I have a soft spot for Best of Me and would have liked to see it go further. The Real Thing is a satisfying cut though.

jawow_ and BEST FICTION like this.
  17. How DARE you to underscore Best of Me? 'Aren't you tired of throwing stones?', etc. I gave a 8.5 (kii) and this was really the first elimination to hit me hard.

jawow_ and BEST FICTION like this.
  18. I like a decent bit of country...and "The Real Thing" isn't one. It's lackluster and compared to the majority of Christina's output it's a disappointment.

BEST FICTION likes this.
  19. I like "The Real Thing" a lot more than "Shotgun" but considering I completely forgot both existed and I watched Nashville, well... it's okay that they're both out now.

20. I honestly forgot The Real Thing existed ddd but I guess my first impression was very positive? It's basically a Miranda Lambert banger.

RainOnFire, BEST FICTION and Maki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.