THEM - (Amazon Series) Horror Anthology Series | The Popjustice Forum

THEM - (Amazon Series) Horror Anthology Series

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Mar 10, 2021.

1. The series premieres on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, April 9.

2. This... looks and sounds fantastic?

4Roses and lushLuck like this.
  3. Does this have anything to do with Us? The title, the font, the music, the themes, Shahadi Wright Joseph...

It looks great!

Remorque likes this.
    lushLuck likes this.
  5. I feel like it’s been ages since I’ve had a show to look forward to, and this looks incredible.

Andrew.L likes this.
  6. This looks amazing.

7. Uno

Uno

I mean... I'm not black so it might not even be my place to say, but even the trailer makes me extremely uncomfortable. It looks like the writers just threw every trauma black people have experienced during the civil rights movement and on, and exploited it for views and shock.

My favorite thread on this forum is the Horror thread, and I understand that some of the best horror films mirror real life and can take you to that really dark place, but why can't we have a black lead horror film that doesn't center around race-related trauma? There are more black stories to be told than just using their real life torment as entertainment.

eyeline and lushLuck like this.
  8. I’m on episode two and loving this, despite a lot of scenes being disturbing and unconfortable to watch.

lushLuck likes this.

9. I'm not watching this.

eyeline and lushLuck like this.
  10. Yeah, that sounds severely triggering in ways I want nothing to do with. That’s really upsetting to hear as I was really looking forward to this.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  11. This sounds like a nightmare - and not something that should've been produced.
    I deeply struggle to understand the wave of exploitative content that came after Get Out. None of this advances the public discourse in a meaningful manner.

Subwaykid, Mill. and xtophermorrison like this.
  12. I think the show is great, but I’m not sure I can say I’m enjoying it. I had to take a break after the
    cat in a bag scene
    because it really fucked me up to be honest. The cast is brilliant.

Nwonder likes this.
  13. Christ, that sounds like a lot.

14. So I started watching last night and I went into it without knowing much about it. I was enjoying it to begin with. And then yeah, things got intense, disturbing and deeply upsetting. I’ve had to forward through many scenes. One in particular, is... horrific.

spaceship and junglefish like this.
  15. I just finished the first episode and while it was incredibly compelling, I was completely rigid by the end of the episode. I am someone completely unphased by horror movies and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to handle this because of the fact that’s scary is very real.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  16. I just finished it and honestly, I can't say I'm glad I stuck around. The final pay off was not worth the disturbing scenes endured throughout the season. So many things were extremely uncomfortable viewing that I won't mention and for it to be so heavy and the pay off to be so minuscule, yeah, not worth it.

The cast themselves were incredible, so thats my one positive but I do wonder how they coped personally with it being so dark.

Also the fact that Betty was so easily disposed of in the final episode was weird, like if that was going to be it, why not just kill her off in an earlier episode? Why wait until the final episode?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.