Theme weeks you'd like to see | The Popjustice Forum

Theme weeks you'd like to see

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Aime, Nov 25, 2011.

1. You know what, I'm getting tired with the usual 'Heroes'/'Guilty Pleasures'/'Rock'/'Club Classics' bullshit! How about a Pet Shop Boys week? Perfect for big voiced contestants (Rent) as well as the ones with weaker voices... I'm not even going to mention the long-lost Madonna week which got scrapped twice (!) I mean, what the fuck?

2. A Girls Aloud week... but I have a feeling that ship has sailed to America only to be turned away at the last minute.

3. Madonna week.

4. Cher Lloyd Week.

Other than that...a Rihanna week would be immense.

5. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Sugababes Week.
    Rihanna Week
    Take That Week
    Novelty Hits Week
    United Nations Week?

6. Reggae Week.

It sounds terrible, but it would be far less embarassing than Rock Week because there are plenty of reggae-lite songs to pick from. It would have been great to hear Marcus doing No Letting Go, or Kitty doing Many Rivers To Cross.

7. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I'd like to see a Blast From The Past Week where they'll sing hit songs from the 80s, 90s and further back.

8. I miss big band week, I'd love to see that come back.

9. Me too.

I would love if they did a week based around songs that peaked at #2 in the UK. Almost #1 week

10. Protest songs week.

Songs in a language other than English week (just to here the contestants mangle them, really).

Original songs by former X Factor contestants week.

(I'm just going for unwieldy titles now. I'll stop).

11. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I'd love this idea. Someone needs to sing The Saturdays' Missing You!

12. I really like this idea. There is enough material now for that to work.

13. They could (and should) turn the final into Mini Viva week, with the three remaining contestants singing "Left My Heart in Tokyo", "I Wish" or "One Touch".

14. If Little Mix performed Mini Viva I think I might finally be on the same page as everyone else regarding them. Little Mix that is. I'm on the same page as everyone else regarding Mini Viva already.

15. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Maybe they can do a Geography Week with songs with countries and countries on their titles.

16. In that case, Missing You wouldn't even get a spot on #2s week! Poor Flopperdays.

17. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Oh, I thought it was about being almost number one as I remember how competitive Missing You's release week was.

Anyway, why can't they have Pop Injustice Week? Great songs that have never charted high.

18. Oh someone could do Diana Vickers - My Wicked Heart mashed up with Under The Bridge by RHCP (did that really never crack the top 10 in the UK? unbelievable!).

19. Madonna Week

Kylie Week

Disco Week (as in a proper disco week with roller skates, chaise longues etc)

Stock Aitken & Waterman Week

80s Electro Week

Days Of The Week Week

20. Artist You Want to Be week?

Or hows about getting rid of themes altogether.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.