Things you did as a kid.

My favourite game from my childhood was called Thin Ice. My cousin bought me it from the Kays catalogue and it was stupendous, but nobody ever remembers it.

Basically there was this weird circular stand which was meant to be an ice rink, and you covered it with a wet tissue. Then the aim was to put as many marbles on as you could before the marbles fell through the tissue (or "ice").

It was SO GOOD but everybody just mocks me because I was sat playing with wet tissues. My mum always used to shout at me for using all the Kleenex. (NB: Please don't taint my childhood memories by making a joke about wanking.)

pic430809_md.jpg

D

Deleted member 2720

Kids TV
Why Don't You? and The Banana Splits (which were both on BBC1 during the school holidays)
Pipkins...... (Hartley Hare with the brummie accent!)
Swap Shop
Lizzy Dripping
Just William......( with a very young Bonnie Langford)
Black Beauty ..... (Whenever I hear the theme tune it makes go all emotional and tearful!)

I remember going to Saturday morning pictures some weeks where they had a disco just before.....ha ha
One of the regular things they would show would be a series about a Mexican shrunken headhead called Chico! I really must go and look this up as I don't know anyone who remembers it. The cinema always showed the 1960's Doctor Who movies during the school holidays so I saw the films many times.

Ha ha...... just found it 'Chico The Rainmaker'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvfFia7QEVg

Twat Snacks said:
My favourite game from my childhood was called Thin Ice. My cousin bought me it from the Kays catalogue…

Ah home shopping catalogues. I used to peruse Kays and Marshall Ward catalogues and wish we could have all those things. Especially the big swimming pool.

lisaj said:
Twat Snacks said:
My favourite game from my childhood was called Thin Ice. My cousin bought me it from the Kays catalogue…

Ah home shopping catalogues. I used to peruse Kays and Marshall Ward catalogues and wish we could have all those things. Especially the big swimming pool.

We didn't have our own catalogues, it was my cousin who had accounts with them all, so we'd have to phone her and ask her to bring the catalogues when she was next visiting. Kays, Littlewoods, Studio... ALL FANTASTIC.

Things I believed as a child:

-God was a man who lived in an apartment opposite of my grandmother's.
-If you didn't jump off escalators in time, they would eat you.
-Life used to be in black and white before the 70's.
-My Heart Will Go On was the best song ever.
-There was a faceless man in the dark who'd take you if you stepped outside the house at night.

When I was a child I had a recurring dream that I was lying down in a white room while people in white were doing things to me, including making me speak backwards. Sounds like an alien abduction or something doesn't it, but this was long before I got into The X Files and shows like that.

Roxie said:
It looks like Ronald McDonald and Pocahontas got married and had children. Those were the results.

Haha! Rosie and Jim was never the same when Fizzgog got replaced with Loopy Lobes.

Nate said:
*big smile*

I love this. Is it weird I still sing the theme to myself?

Haha, I do that every time I meet someone called Rosie or Jim, or whenever I see a picture of them. (I currently have it stuck in my head...)