This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Rates: The Taylor Swift Discography Rate | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Rates: The Taylor Swift Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Petty Mayonnaise, Jul 10, 2018.

1. me reading @soratami's ballot
    [​IMG]

2. Initial run through and I've given out a total of 13 10's (which includes 3 potential 11's so I've scored them all 10 for now). None of the 10's are on her debut ddd.

3. If this is supposed to suggest that Reputation is in anyway worthy of the E•MO•TION phonetic spelling then you must be drinking poison Kool-Aid sis. Not tea.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. [​IMG]

On that note,

Taylor Swift ~ 7.2
    Fearless ~ 8.28
    Speak Now ~ 7.35
    Red ~ 7.05
    (This would have gotten a higher average if it weren't so long/didn't have a couple of really bad tracks to bring it down)
    1989 ~ 9.19
    reputation ~ 5.8
    Extras ~ 6.22

Only 6 tracks (between Red, reputation and the extras) got a negative score, and every section got at least one 10.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  5. It's not intended to suggest it. It's intended to outright state it.

6. The Way I Loved You really is an underrated masterpiece, isn’t it? Isn’t it? Isn’t it? Isn’t it?

7. ok but wait, I actually like a third track from Reputation now?

be right back, headed to the window to watch for the flying pigs

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  8. I'm sure I'll be one of the few 10s for "Don't Blame Me".

Florencia. likes this.
  9. But we need the State of Grace to get the #1 spot. Her best vocals. Her best songwriting. Miles ahead of most of her discography.

10. RJF

RJF

I can't face her first two alberms so y'all bumpkins and your adolescent diaries are safe in the patch from my weed killer.

...or are you?

11. I hope we're not safe. We need your pessimistic realism to keep level heads during the optimistic adolescent diaries bits. Plus you know the drags/meltdowns in a Taylor rate are going to be worth it!

12. That last chorus of So It Goes with all the back vocals and ad-libs. Whew the dark horse of that record.

ohnostalgia, Lila, rdp and 2 others like this.
  13. Sis the first two are better written than reputation so you can and should.

14. Honestly, Fearless has been the third album of my randomized runthrough, following Speak Now and reputation, and she's actually finding a lot to enjoy.

The two huge singles hold up ludicrously well, from a song-writing standpoint, and I was really pleased to actually boast a lot of affection for the rest of the record, in all its twee, naive glory. She went to work this morning bopping to 'Our Song' and 'Tell Me Why' and she left eight hours later feeling mournful to 'Teardrops on my Guitar' and 'White Horse' so... job well done, I guess.

15. Breathe also remains one of her best ever tracks.

16. That's the one I actually like now! It really wasn't clicking with me previously, but in the last 24 hours my mind has really kind of just let it sink in. I let my bias against the Reputation era blind me, I guess.

DJHazey likes this.
  17. With that avatar?

18. "I really should finish my scores for the Taylor rate."

"Nah listen to God Is A Woman 50 more times."

[​IMG]

dddd almost finished the debut scores.

19. Exactly Sis. That's the point. @RJF should join to A) come up with better drags than yours and B) counter balance fans like myself that are saps for the journal entry, love song fodder.

VivaForever likes this.
  20. I'd just be interested to see what songs from Taylor's catalogue RJF actually enjoys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.