This Morning

There is no way she didn’t know, come off it. Plenty of people knew, including higher-ups in management. All this “we were so shocked to find out” is nonsense, and I don’t think anybody is buying it.

I mean people are married or related to people who do unspeakable things, without knowing about them.

So she can be best friends (or however close they are/were) with him without having known about what was going.

I mean people are married or related to people who do unspeakable things, without knowing about them.

So she can be best friends (or however close they are/were) with him without having known about it.
I can understand that, but when Tiktok has known for 3+ years, how did she not? Plus she clearly planted all this “feud” stuff in the press to distance herself from him before it all came out, so to now claim she had been lied to is very disingenuous.

So she can be best friends (or however close they are/were) with him without having known about it.
I think a lot of people are forgetting this. It does happen. She said she asked him and he denied it and she believed him, as some naturally would for those that they’re close to.

I’m not defending her at all but I don’t think it’s fair to imply she’s lying in a situation where her career could be on the line. It’s believe women until it doesn’t fit the narrative, I guess.

Years ago, my sister in law that worked with Holly in PR said she was a nightmare to deal with (while saying Fearne Cotton was great).

Not too long before lockdown, I heard from two separate people in PR that Holly and Phil were both nightmares, and that they weren’t as close as they seemed onscreen.

I wonder where Holly goes from this. If she is as much of a nightmare as I’ve heard, she will really need to change her behaviour going forward. If she does, will it seem disingenuous with the trust already gone? I find her future career prospects very 50/50.

I can understand that, but when Tiktok has known for 3+ years, how did she not? Plus she clearly planted all this “feud” stuff in the press to distance herself from him before it all came out, so to now claim she had been lied to is very disingenuous.
It pisses me off when celebs and their PR teams take the public for absolute mugs - they really must think people are so gullible that they won’t see through weeks of barely concealed and unsubtle machinations.

It’s a bit like the royal family’s press team and their incredibly hamfisted attempts to control public discourse (though fortunately for them, a large percentage of the general public actually does fall for their shit).

Last edited:

Staff member
The Holly statement is very.......blunt? I think she has already made enough of a name for herself away from Philip (Celebrity Juice, that I'm A Celeb year) so I don't see how she'll never work again because of what he's done.

I fail to see how she didn’t know. We’ve all known for years and seen the pictures. I highly doubt she and the ITV heads weren’t aware. They only care now because it’s a problem.

Tbh I think she deserves worse just for that ridiculous interview with Boris Johnson.

I do find it odd that there are sources that Holly is a nightmare, as if that was true you would think the usual suspects would love to confirm this in the media with her being public enemy number two right now but instead they all seem to say she was quite passive.

I will also say that whilst there were reports on TikTok etc about this, that is really all they were and if ITV conducted an investigation and found zero evidence after speaking with all parties and potential witnesses/whistleblowers then I can see why Holly would believe that this was just a spiteful rumour. Eamon also confirmed (as ghastly as he is) that Phil had he and Ruth fooled, so if that was the case I don’t doubt he would be able to fool someone as close to him as Holly.

I think if Holly is guilty of knowing about the rumours but not doing anything about them, then so is every presenter on this show (including Alison, Josie etc) and also Loose Women too.

He/Him
I feel like there’s a chance Holly asked him and believed him. I’m not sure it’s fair to say she had have to known.

When my ex was sleeping with half of the city and I didn’t know, people confronted me and said I had to have known but I didn’t. I was genuinely shocked and hurt even though I had previously confronted him and was told it wasn’t true. I felt very stupid when people confronted me but because I believed what I was told that doesn’t mean I was ok with it or wasn’t hurt.

I’m not defending Holly because if she really is horrible in real life that’s one thing. But there is a chance she just believed it wasn’t true. But I do think being associated with him will hurt her career whether she knew or not. If she was completely unaware or lied to and only found out recently (hence the feud) that’s not exactly fair for her career to suffer.

From the timeline available online, it's not been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that something untoward happened.

The kindest possible reading has them interacting very sporadically throughout Matthew's adolescence: Schofield being a celebrity patron and the kid reaching out to him whever possible, Schofield kindly helping land him a gig on This Morning later on and the relationship becoming adult/romantic once a now grown McGreevy was working full time at ITV and became Schofield's personal assistant, ie when he was over 18 and a willing, consenting adult.

There are other possible readings of the dynamic - far more grim and perhaps even more realistic. It's possible Schofield had McG on his radar for years and that the few stray Twitter interactions documented are just the overflow of a bigger, unseen relationship (carried out via DMs, messaging, Snapchat, whatever), that Schofield helped him get a job on ITV because he fancied him beforehand and wanted to be around him/have power over him, that S. had him become his personal assistant because they were somehow involved (or about to), and generally abused his power and influence to make things happen, only coming out of the closet to avoid a scandal exposé, etc.

I suspect many (GP, internet masses) are condeming him off the bat because of his brother and a general pathologization of/reticence towards male-male relationships. Didn't Prince Philip meet Queen Elizabeth when she was a very young girl? As did Charles with his cousin Amanda and then Diana? And yet no one accuses them of anything untoward (criminally speaking). If Philip S. had come out and said he was dating a younger guy wouldn't

To be clear, I'm not saying he is innocent, or even that that's the most likely possibility. I just think we should be wary of how the internet accelerates (even imposes) fairly superficial snap judgements on complex, multi-tiered situations based on incomplete data sets, with him being tried and sentenced by the online tribunal of public opinion. without any actual hard documented evidence or the most important aspect of all, a manifestation from the would-be victim​

From the timeline available online, it's not been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that something untoward happened.

The kindest possible reading has them interacting very sporadically throughout Matthew's adolescence: Schofield being a celebrity patron and the kid reaching out to him whever possible, Schofield kindly helping land him a gig on This Morning later on and the relationship becoming adult/romantic once a now grown McGreevy was working full time at ITV and became Schofield's personal assistant, ie when he was over 18 and a willing, consenting adult.

There are other possible readings of the dynamic - far more grim and perhaps even more realistic. It's possible Schofield had McG on his radar for years and that the few stray Twitter interactions documented are just the overflow of a bigger, unseen relationship (carried out via DMs, messaging, Snapchat, whatever), that Schofield helped him get a job on ITV because he fancied him beforehand and wanted to be around him/have power over him, that S. had him become his personal assistant because they were somehow involved (or about to), and generally abused his power and influence to make things happen, only coming out of the closet to avoid a scandal exposé, etc.

I suspect many (GP, internet masses) are condeming him off the bat because of his brother and a general pathologization of/reticence towards male-male relationships. Didn't Prince Philip meet Queen Elizabeth when she was a very young girl? As did Charles with his cousin Amanda and then Diana? And yet no one accuses them of anything untoward (criminally speaking). If Philip S. had come out and said he was dating a younger guy wouldn't

To be clear, I'm not saying he is innocent, or even that that's the most likely possibility. I just think we should be wary of how the internet accelerates (even imposes) fairly superficial snap judgements on complex, multi-tiered situations based on incomplete data sets, with him being tried and sentenced by the online tribunal of public opinion. without any actual hard documented evidence or the most important aspect of all, a manifestation from the would-be victim​
The only victim here is your space bar.

The only victim here is your space bar.
It's perfectly spaced out to me.
Just because someone is of a legal age does not mean they are “grown up” especially queer people who might be in the midst of discovering their true selves.
No matter how you try to look at it, Phillip abused his position of power over a much younger person who worked for him.
Operative clause here being "might be".

How dare you have a nuanced and flexible view of a situation we actually know very little about?

Yes, at best it’s icky and at worst it’s absolutely appalling, and whatever I think it’s appropriate that he should lose his job for lying about it if nothing else, but without further evidence to the contrary (which may yet come of course), it’s not appropriate to totally condemn the man yet. We (and by we, I mean the GP, not specifically PJ) were happy to tear into Caroline Flack until it drove her to commit suicide, and some of the details that came out after suggest that it may have been terribly undeserved. He’s gone from daytime tv, time to let it go unless and until more is revealed.

It’s odd that all the media outlets are reporting that Phil met the boy when he was 15. I’m pretty sure it 10 right?

Holly’s a dark horse imo… I’ve heard both good and bad things about her bts. But I I feel like she had to have had some kind of inkling of what was going on. Esp if Ruth had caught on.

It’s odd that all the media outlets are reporting that Phil met the boy when he was 15. I’m pretty sure it 10 right?

Holly’s a dark horse imo… I’ve heard both good and bad things about her bts. But I I feel like she had to have had some kind of inkling of what was going on. Esp if Ruth had caught on.
There’s screenshots of tweets that confirm he was born in 1996 (he celebrated his 21st in March 2017), so he seems to be older that most people realise. Phillip first followed him in 2011, when he was 15, so it seems like their interactions started when he was older. Still icky but doesn’t look like it started when he was a child.

Re: the super injunctions, I’ve never believed they were anything to do with Phillip, people just made that assumption because of the “open secret” around Matthew. The man who first reported the injunctions said the person was “close to death, on the BBC and had a catchphrase” and none of those things ever applied to Phillip, but people just ignored that.

But something definitely triggered all this. There’s another story in the Sun today, which seems to be Holly’s paper of choice for feeding them news, which says she’s emotionless and she’s had enough, which again, is her distancing herself from it. I’m assuming something came to light a few weeks ago, and Holly started getting her house in order to get ahead of the story, which is where this “feud” came from. Maybe Matthew has sold his story and it’s all about to come out?