This Time I Know It's A Rate- The PWL/SAW rate 1989-1993- THE WINNER! | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

This Time I Know It's A Rate- The PWL/SAW rate 1989-1993- THE WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by gezza76, Mar 12, 2019.

1. It's a cover of 'Young Girls Are My Weakness', which is arguably even worse.

2. I've written more commentary than I normally do for these things, including some contentious comments.

3. Before going solo, Australian singer Kate Ceberano of 'Young Boys...' was part of a group called I'm Talking. Phil Harding remixed their 1986 single 'Do You Wanna Be', which is much better, in 1988, below:

4. Just submitted my scores. Yay!

gezza76 likes this.
  5. We're well into double figures voting wise so good news!

6. We want more, more, more though!

gezza76 likes this.
  7. Hurrah! Looking forward to this.

gezza76 likes this.
  8. I started rating the songs a while ago but didn't think I would be able to finish, but now with a few more days I think I will. I don't know how to decide what will get an 11 though. It's between two songs and I can't seem to decide which one I love the most.

gezza76 likes this.
  9. I had the same dilemma- took me a while to take the plunge!

ohnoitisnathan and etcetera like this.
  10. Come on there's one blindingly obvious 11!!!!

11. Kakko is already streets ahead. She doesn't need more 11s!

12. My 11 was never in doubt, but I listened to every single song with fresh ears, even the ones I know so well just to be sure I wasn't mis-remembering how good it was. My votes will be in today

MixmasterRemix and gezza76 like this.
  13. This might be a stupid question, and I maybe should have asked it earlier - HOW exactly do I submit my votes, just a PM to you @gezza76 with the song title and score?
    EDIT - I see it says send you a PM to vote, I'm just checking - do I just write out the song title / artist and score. I know it seems like a dumb question, but I'm just making sure.

gezza76 likes this.
  14. Yes post 3 gives you the PM-able list of the songs- just send that to me with your scores and comments for each relevant track!

15. I’m up to Paul Varney and hope to finish soon! Not sure why but this one feels like a lot harder to get through even the it’s the same number of songs.

gezza76 and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  16. I felt I wanted to comment more, and weirdly there were many more songs I hadn't heard before in part two for some reason.

MixmasterRemix and gezza76 like this.
  17. Part three has MUCH less songs to get through (around 80).

MixmasterRemix likes this.
  18. Going through all the Shakin Stevens songs felt like forever. Never going to listen to them again. Listening to Sinitta now and things are at least good again.

It's striking how many covers were released, and how few of them I like.

idratherjack and MixmasterRemix like this.
  19. It's hard to deny that after Matt Aiken left in 1991 the amount of penned SW tracks reduced dramatically but as Mike commented it was clear that the decision by Waterman to sell PWL in 92 to Warner resulted in fewer of his songs getting recorded and released. Hence more covers and more of a chance of getting a commercial hit.

MixmasterRemix and etcetera like this.
  20. I assume this will be the first rate in the history of popjustice to include Kakko?

idratherjack and MixmasterRemix like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.