This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS #21-20 and a rundown!) | Page 68 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS #21-20 and a rundown!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. Hounds Of Love

51 vote(s)
    52.0%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Yeah, I did not expect the title track to be the first casualty from The Dreaming. Difficult to say what I thought would (rather than should) have gone, but I think I'd have expected There Goes a Tenner or maybe Leave it Open to go first from the album.

slurmjunkie and P'NutButter like this.
  2. I just copy and pasted the text from an interview, it's obviously not intentional.

The Red Shoes loses a track today, as well as A Sea Of Honey, but which ones?

3. I was just letting you know, in case you didn't know (I wouldn't expect non-Australians to know that).

4. Based on the clues, I reckon The Red Shoes elimination is probably....

slingshot.jpg

5. The Dreaming being booted out already? Madness! Thought this was a cert for top 20 at least!

OspreyQueen and əʊæ like this.
  6. Hopefully, both album's surprisingly overrated lead singles will finally leave today. The way the rate's been going so far, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the superior 'A Coral Room' and 'The Red Shoes' left instead.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    lob0to likes this.
  7. I'm already mad at the title track leaving tbh. It's in my Kate top5.

WhatKindOfKylie? and P'NutButter like this.
  8. aux

aux

How are Rubberband Girl and King of The Mountain overrated? If anything, they deserve every bit of praise they're getting.

əʊæ likes this.
  9. This is related to last night's elimination in a way...

in that it's also the title track...

[​IMG]

The Red Shoes 8.22

Highest Score: 10 x 6 @Music Is Life, @1991, @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Scoundrel_Days, @sfmartin, @nametag
    Lowest Score: 6 x 2 @Jóga, @Itty Bitty Piggy

@sfmartin - 10 An absolute joy from start to finish. When it all kicks off properly...call a doctor, call a priest. This wig it gotta flew.
    @31entrance - 9 An Irish-laced banger
    @lob0to - 9 This could have made a great dance mix. Instead we got Shoedance.
    @Seventeen Days - 8.5 Oh, we’re gonna get a jig again eh? This is a great track, though Miranda Richardson’s unibrow in the video is nawt the tea.

@ohnoitisnathan - 8 Jaunty.
    @djmakemewet - 6.5 I've never really found there to be much going on with this, really. It's a pleasant song, but I kind of hope for a bit more than pleasant from Kate really.
    @OspreyQueen - 6.5 It’s about a minute too long.
    @DominoDancing - 6.5 Stands out due to the folky arrangement, but it's really a bit of a nothing song, isn't it?
    @Jóga - 6 I wish the chorus was bigger, as it is it gets boring by the end.

10. aux

aux

And Rubberband lives for another day. I'm living.

31entrance and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  11. You can all just die bar those who gave it a 10

sfmartin likes this.
  12. Well, they both still got a 7 from me, so compared to 'The Song Of Solomon' and 'And So Is Love' they're only slightly overrated.

I'm livid (only joking since I'm not @Verandi).

13. Y'all... I think I hate everyone's taste here... Even the people I like and luv sorry @Verandi <3

ohnoitisnathan and Verandi like this.
  14. f48n3i7htzhz.gif

Hee haw.

15. ...

Double confirmed: I hate you all. Her best bop.

Verandi, WhatKindOfKylie? and əʊæ like this.
  16. Yes! Finally that awful song is gone, perfect way to start on the album. Hopefully Leave it Open and Houdini follow it soon.

17. aux

aux

The taste level in this rate... so far is nonexistent, aside from a few people.

slurmjunkie, Verandi and əʊæ like this.
  18. This next one is the hardest to lose in many ways, truly one of the most raw songs ever released...

@nametag - 10 This almost got my 11, haunting, devastating, magical - one of the most downright beautiful recordings of her career. I’d have loved it if this got one of the encore slots at Before the Dawn.
    @lob0to - 10 Gulp.
    @JonBcn - 10 This is just devastating. Not a track I listen to often, because it’s one that demands your full attention, but it’s beautiful.
    @confess85 - 10 Such an emotional song. It must be so hard to lose a parent and Kate portrays it in such a stunning way.
    @djmakemewet - 10 Simply stunning. Kate's observations on the passing of time are rendered so beautifully and moments like the piano line as she describes the falling jug just fit so perfectly. I also like the use of the male voice for a brief moment – it almost feels like a forerunner to 50 Words for Snow.
    @OspreyQueen - 9 Simple, delicate and heartbreaking. One of the best examples of Kate’s ability to paint a scene straight into your mind.
    @sfmartin - 9 Haunting and beautifully crafted. Deeply affecting, personal lyrics.
    @31entrance - 8.5 I’m a sucker for a Kate ballad.
    @DominoDancing - 7 I feel really quite badly for saying this, considering how personal this song is for Kate. But this is not much more than some mostly pretty piano tinkering, with a formless, meandering, hook-less vocal on top.
    @abael - 5 Just empty.
    @ohnoitisnathan - 4 The piano's nice, but Kate's vocals are a let-down. It sounds like she was trying to write another 'This Woman's Work'... but twice as long and slow. As an improv/demo this works, but on an album that took 12 years to make, it's a little too meandering and demo-like.

Sally_Harper, Aester, abael and 10 others like this.
  19. aux

aux

My point remains proven.

Aester, lob0to, slurmjunkie and 2 others like this.
  20. A Coral Room landing outside the top 40?

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.