This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. Hounds Of Love

57 vote(s)
    54.3%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Yes, count me in! Or you can just give a 10 to every song.

2. Ray

Ray

Hounds of Love average from me won't be lower than 10 for sure.

50 Shades of Yellow Snow, not so much.

Jóga, Baby Clyde, LeBratt and 3 others like this.
  3. If I take part, am I allowed to 0 a whole album other than one track?

If I do so, it's not a 'troll' score. It's what I actually think.

Baby Clyde likes this.
  4. You can sit on my table!

5. You could, but I'd want to see commentary for each of the tracks awarded a 0. Otherwise it could be seen as trolling.

LeBratt likes this.
  6. I gave Lionheart an listen, and it really isn't that bad. Any album that followed The Kick Inside, was always gonna have an hard act to follow. But, it's certainly not the infamous "difficult second album', by any means in my book.

31entrance, LeBratt and P'NutButter like this.
  7. I can't believe some of y'all are talking about TANKING entire sections, did I stumble upon a pop gorls rate on accident?
    Even Directors Sludge has redeemable points, cowards!

LeBratt, enjoy v2.0, sfmartin and 2 others like this.
  8. A zero surely means nothing redeemable whatsoever about a track which simply does not apply to Kate.

Get those zeros out of my house.

9. I don't believe in zeros and that applies for any rate, unless somehow a track by xxxtinct, Chris Brown and people like that slips in.

10. Not that I do a whole lot of rates but it always irritates me to see final scores skewed by LOOK AT ME zeros when a proper critique could be given. I can't think of a single song by anyone that has gone through an entire production process that deserves a zero - if someone has sat down and written it, sung it, instruments have been competently played, mixing done...surely we can give a point for effort, no matter how poor?

I totally get the sentiment that it might be better if certain songs had never existed, but still...

11. I'm not the biggest Kate fan around here as i have always found most of her stuff too theatrical and/or impenetrable for my liking however i can't think of any of her albums being bad enough to deserve all zeroes. At least she is the one who is singing, you know. That alone surely deserves some points.

12. Yeah, I agree that zeroes aren't warranted for most artists. Hence why I'm only allowing them really if they can be backed up with commentary explaining the reasons, etc.

Aester, enjoy v2.0 and LeBratt like this.
  13. The Sensual World certainly lives up to it's name. So lush. It's like the polar opposite to The Dreaming yet just as good on first listens of both. Really can’t wait to dive deeper.

14. I've been enamoured with Hounds of Love for the last couple of days. I'm gonna try and give commentary to at least a couple of songs/album but every album is so rich and like it's own little world I'm not sure I will have the time to process everything.

Maybe I should start chronologically after. But I'm really excited for this rate!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  15. Tempted to do this just for the Fiona Apple/Bjork style dragging I'll get for pointing out that some of her songs aren't very good and not everything deserves a 10.

P'NutButter likes this.
  16. OHMYFUCKINGGODIDIDNTKNOWTHISWASBEGINNINGICANT

Ray and P'NutButter like this.
  17. I've had Wow stuck in my head all day and happily blame this rate!

P'NutButter and LeBratt like this.
  18. It's quite beautiful isn't it? I had my first listen to Lionheart earlier (thanks to this rate) and had to stop my cleaning when Wow came on!

P'NutButter and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  19. It really truly is. It hasn't aged at all it I think.

P'NutButter and LeBratt like this.
  20. I am mentally preparing as I just saw you have left alone a 0!?

P'NutButter likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.