This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. Hounds Of Love

57 vote(s)
    54.3%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. I'm not sure she deserves any 0's but there is one particular album that will come VERY close.

P'NutButter and ohnoitisnathan like this.
  2. [​IMG]

Ray, soratami, əʊæ and 2 others like this.

3. My god, i stan an eleven.

Terminus, rdp, Ray and 4 others like this.
  4. Ugh this would be a huge undertaking but I think I’ve gotta, as I’ve always wanted to fill in the gaps of the earliest and latest albums that I never got around to listening to...Director’s Cut really soured me more than I realized.

5. Me listening to Violin for the first time.

6. Me when the Bulgarian choir hits in Rocket's Tail.

7. I sort of understand the dismay at your faves being zeroed, or scored poorly by others. But that's the nature of rates.

The zeroes I have in mind are not 'look at me' zeroes. I actually think that particular album is a load of bollocks, and an 'emperor's new clothes'-type release (if that's not giving it away).

There's another album I'm likely going to give all 10's to, or for nearly all tracks. You could argue that's just giving 10's away willy-nilly.

Ray and Baby Clyde like this.
  8. Fourteen years later but Aerial is stll leaving the girls shook.

Cutlery, LTG, P'NutButter and 5 others like this.
  9. Fair enough, everyone has their own subjective opinions about what constitutes a zero, and after all that's the whole point of doing rates as you said. I didn't mean to imply that you were doing it for attention, but certainly I've read rates in the past where I've been left with the feeling that people have deliberately and needlessly torpedoed songs, which always seems a pity.

10. If I do take part in this, I probably won't actually zero the whole album (bar one song). I might give a few 1's out...

Ray, Trouble in Paradise and JonBcn like this.
  11. Of course it is all personal opinions clashing with each other at the end of the day but i find the concept of giving all zeroes (or all tens) are kind of extreme and they come to me as show-off (y). And that makes me question the intent/integrity behind that decision. I don't think anything on Aerial or 50 Words for Snow deserves a zero where there are scales of 0,5, 1, 1,5 etc.

12. You have to take part now because I'm intrigued.

I think my lowest mark might be a 4 or 5...

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  13. I will actually listen to the songs again, if I take part. I doubt anything will get higher than a 4, though, other than the one I'll probably give a 7 to.

14. I decided not to take part because all of Kate’s albums are sublime creatures and I feel lucky to have them!

Also, you have to live with the albums. I struggled with Aerial at first. It felt a bit anti-climactic after such a long wait but it quickly became my favourite Kate album.

I’m intrigued to see how the rate pans out.

Ray and P'NutButter like this.
  15. 'Between A Man And A Woman'
    'I'm Still Waiting'
    'Constellation Of The Heart'

I'm an obsessive fan, but even I know those three are stinkers.

Oh it's a shame you're not taking part, I'd be intrigued to hear what you think of certain songs so please comment as we go along!

16. I'd love to do this as I've loved Kate since I was about 11 after seeing someone do Wuthering Heights on Stars In Their Eyes ddd but somehow still haven't heard all the albums. This would be a great excuse to finally fill in the gaps!

Ray, sfmartin and P'NutButter like this.
  17. Aerial was released fourteen years ago!?

If that doesn't make you feel old...

18. I can already see some hipster somebody giving a 0 to a random song "because it's too pop"* and I'm ready to fight.

*which in case of Kate it's ??? but it happens in every alt-girl rate.

19. I can envisage the opposite happening. 'Oh, I'll give this a 10, because you're supposed to love this album'.

I actually like all 3. Well, 'Between...' is more... b-side material. The production on 'Constellation' sounds very dated for 1993, but there's a decent song underneath.

That being said, I won't begrudge anyone giving these zeroes.

I remember listening to a community radio station show on Kate in early '96, and the host, who was a fan, refused to play 'Running Up That Hill' because she hated it.

20. I mentioned in the other thread, how lucky I was to become a Kate fan around 2003/4 as I only had a short time to wait for her to come back. Unlike the poor sods that had to wait 12 years between albums!

Terminus and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.