This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. Hounds Of Love

57 vote(s)
    54.3%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. This is like my favorite Lionheart track dd

P'NutButter likes this.
  2. Shame to see Delius and Symphony in Blue go. Two of my favourites from the earlier albums.

P'NutButter likes this.
  3. Finally catched up with this rate.

I agree with almost everything, I was shocked to see Mrs. Bartolozzi, Moments Of Pleasure and You're The One leaving this early, I always thought they were loved more.

Sad to see such brillant highlights as Blow Away, Delius, In Search of Peter Pan and Symphony getting the boot.

Is Dont Push Your Foot still in this? Is genuinely one of Kate worst songs

lob0to and P'NutButter like this.
  4. Yes 'Heartbrake' is still in, I too was shocked it was so loved!

Two quite kooky (kooky even more so than usual for Kate) tracks leave later, both I suppose are about the fear of the unknown?

5. just catching up with the recent eliminations and...I kinda like Symphony in Blue?? “The more I think about sex, the better it gets!” is an iconic lyric, but I understand how it’s not for everyone, probably time for it to go I suppose

And Heartbrake can stay for a while

slurmjunkie likes this.
  6. Heartbrake and Violin are both harmless fun songs.

slurmjunkie, əʊæ and 31entrance like this.
  7. The first to leave today is a more recent track...

[​IMG]

Wild Man 7.55

Highest Score: 10 x 5 @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Hatbar, @Ed72, @1991, @confess85
    Lowest Score: 2 x 1 @abael

@djmakemewet - 8.5 I love the bouncy guitar line on this and the slower chorus provides a nice contrast. Kate's voice also sounds fantastic on the spoken vocals – it's a surprisingly good fit for her.
    @sfmartin - 9 Big fan of this one. A great choice for leading the album. A totally fresh sound and direction for her but still totally Kate. The chorus is really powerful. Her warm vocals are so comforting amongst the cold and lonely subject matter. Her diction stands out especially on this song, all those place names she has to recite I imagine. Actually, now I want a Kate Bush GPS.
    @DominoDancing - 8 Not as experimental as the rest of the album, but honestly, I quite enjoy having a recognizable structure and chorus after 30 minutes of aimless meandering on this album.
    @OspreyQueen - 6 This one’s a bit bland. It feels like it was quickly thrown together just so the album would have an accessible single.
    @ohnoitisnathan - 5 It's OK.
    @abael - 2 In an effort to warn it that human contact is dangerous, Kate Bush and Andy Fairweather combine vocals in a way that would make anything even half-human value solitude.

8. So Misty is the final track from 50 Words which is correct but it's final place is sure to be far far too low.

Karvel, Aester, Cutlery and 2 others like this.
  9. It wasn't the real 'Moments of Pleasure'.

10. Comment of the rate so far!

11. Wild Man is just so eerie sounding I think.

ohnoitisnathan and P'NutButter like this.
  12. Adieu boo. Two 2s through, two be due

13. Wild Man actually grew on me these past few weeks, because my mood has sunken to new lows, but I guess it's only suitable?

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  14. I hope you feel better soon x

The second track leaving today is (awkwardly) about shit that life throws at you...

[​IMG]

All We Ever Look For 7.56

Highest Score: 10 x 1 @ohnoitisnathan
    Lowest Score: 5 x 1 @Aester

@ohnoitisnathan - 10 The post-chorus is surprisingly cheery - almost as though it could be the theme song for a children's movie, given the subject matter. Good song, though.
    @Music Is Life - 9 I really like this. The sounds of someone walking, and running water or whatever that was elevated this, and honestly I can't think of anyone else who would do that it's really cool.
    @djmakemewet - 8 As much as I love the production on her first two albums, Never for Ever really feels like Kate trying out anything and everything and I think the songs on this album have a lot more personality as a result. The sequence with the heels walking on the floor and going in to different rooms adds so much to what otherwise could be a by-the-numbers track. The key change towards the end gives this a real lift too.
    @Jóga - 8 A very pretty melody.
    @OspreyQueen - 7.5 This one’s always fascinated me with its bizarre dazy soundscape. While I don’t think it’s perfect, I still appreciate it a lot, and it’s often the first song that comes to my mind when I think of Never For Ever.
    @DominoDancing - 7 Nice enough.
    @Seventeen Days - 7 The random whistling in this almost feels so out of place, but yet it fits so well with the rest of the track. Getting a good vibe on this.
    @sfmartin - 6 I really don't like the whistley bits but I enjoy everything else.

15. Y'all are going to hate me, but I think I actually underscored this one too... It's telling us about our neverending search for happiness and it's incredibly weird, yet weirdly accessible

I had actually written commentary, which featured "Blame me for its low placing when we get there. /kthxbai". Seaux...

16. Would have preferred The Wedding List leave next for NFE, other than that, and Blowaway leaving too early, Never For Ever ranking probably most closely resembles my personal ranking. Wait, is 'December Will Be Magic Again' still in?

P'NutButter likes this.
  17. Two very early career tracks leave today, one forgotten by Kate I suspect.

18. This one has been mentioned quite a bit recently...

[​IMG]

Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake 7.57

Highest Score: 10 x 4 @OspreyQueen, @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Music Is Life, @slurmjunkie
    Lowest Score: 4 x 1 @Jóga

@OspreyQueen - 10 I will never not love this one. I adore the contrast of the almost eerie verses to the big thumping chorus. I know some will call it “basic” (or at least as basic as Kate gets) but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing.
    @Music Is Life - 10 What a fucking bop. I love this. Had me bouncing along the second in got to that chorus.
    @Remorque - 8.5 Things take up a notch on Lionheart with this one and I love it for that fact alone. That guitar kicking in and Kate's general performance here are exquisite.
    @djmakemewet - 8 I love how ominous the intro sounds on this one and the way that Kate's voice just explodes on that final chorus.

@DominoDancing - 8 Opens with another lovely piano figure, and the bonkers chorus is awesome.
    @ohnoitisnathan - 6.5 A little crazy.
    @sfmartin - 6 A fun racket.
    @Jóga - 4 The tempo goes up, the quality doesn’t. Forgettable melody.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  19. Oh finally

Karvel, Aester and P'NutButter like this.
  20. Love everything about this one, even the cool title of it. Definitely a bop I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.