This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Hounds Of Love

57 vote(s)
    53.8%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. If Rubberband Girl and Eat the Music does not make it to top 30, i swear.

2. Yes.

Ray, aux, enjoy v2.0 and 1 other person like this.
  3. when In Search of Peter Pan fades out to Wow
    [​IMG]

1991, DominoDancing, LeBratt and 3 others like this.
  4. THIS! Both are Kate Bush style bops and then some.

Ray and enjoy v2.0 like this.
  5. I'm a lifelong stan with a collection of well over 300 Kate Bush records and god knows what else, but 'Eat the Music' is the one song she's done that I just can't stand. It's the backing track that sets my teeth on edge...

AGiantSheep, Verandi and P'NutButter like this.
  6. It's taken a few years but I've grown to like it. I prefer the version on the original album pressing though, with the chorus not overdoing the "yeeeeeeeee, aaaayyyyyaaaaa, ooooooohhhhh".

I still don't own the "scratch n sniff" CD though, which distresses me.

lob0to and JonBcn like this.
  7. I think the singles run from The Red Shoes, is very underrated.

Jóga and JonBcn like this.
  8. I'm surprised to see that I've awarded 5 ten's to the Red Shoes. Clearly I can't stop dancing.

P'NutButter, Phonetics Boy and JonBcn like this.
  9. The entirety of 'The Ninth Wave' is a fucking audio masterpiece, and that's the tea on that.

1991, Ray, DominoDancing and 10 others like this.
  10. Hurrah! It really is a truly terrific album I think.

11. Iconic. I’m so looking forward to to taking part in all this Kateness.

12. I have a 10 on every album in this. Even Director's Cut.

13. LTG

LTG

Never Be Mine and Top of the City found improved

Andrew.L, aux and P'NutButter like this.
  14. I know we’re saving really discussing the songs until the rate begins, but I’ll be mad if Among Angels doesn’t make the top 20 at least.

I can sympathise with people not having the patience for Misty at 13 minutes (even though it’s a masterpiece) but I won’t tolerate any slander against Among Angels. (50 Words was rightfully praised by critics, in my opinion.)

The piano arrangement and melody have echoes of her debut and This Woman’s Work and you can’t even tell it’s later-career from her vocals, which are just hauntingly beautiful.

A stunning track and honestly a contender for my 11.

Wild Man., lob0to, Aester and 3 others like this.
  15. When it comes to the remixes or new vocal tracks, could we potentially have a top 20/top 10 with two versions of the same song? I'd probably be frustrated if they pushed out another more deserving song out of the upper echelons of the chart but they are still get very high scores from me because of their connection with the original.

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  16. Doing this rate made me realize that I actually prefer Lionheart over The Kick Inside. By a considerable margin. Even with Wuthering Heights being quite possibly the most epic debut single of all time.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. I must admit, I do really like Lionheart. Hope the rate will be kind to it.

lob0to and DominoDancing like this.
  18. I’m new to Lionheart but I absolutely adored listening to it for the first time this week.

19. Hammer Horror is a potential 11 and that's that on that.

20. Literally my lowest score on Lionheart. Tied with Coffee Homeground. This album really ends on a weak note. The Kick Inside also has a stronger first half I'd say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.