This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Hounds Of Love

57 vote(s)
    53.8%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. It seems we have been very kind to 'Be Kind To My Mistakes', with it outlasting 'The Song of Solomon'.

What do you mean was?

2. 'Them Heavy People' should have left around #85.

Cutlery likes this.
  3. Now that my #11 has all so cruelly been booted out, I have a fair few 10's I wouldn't mind taking the prize ether. So that's something.

4. Two songs with connections to film are leaving today.

Phonetics Boy likes this.
  5. ^ I suspect one of those will be cast away.

6. So, the first of today's exits is also a B-Side...

[​IMG]

Be Kind To My Mistakes 7.99

Highest Score: 10 x 6 @Ana Raquel, @aux, @Ed72, @slurmjunkie, @ohnoitisnathan, @Remorque
    Lowest Score: 5 x 2 @Wild Man., @Itty Bitty Piggy

@ohnoitisnathan - 10 I love the theme and title of this song. Be kind to my mistakes... because I do make them.
    @lob0to - 9 Your mistake was not making this a single.
    @djmakemewet - 8.5 I remember feeling a real rush the first time I heard this song. I think this was another case of really enjoying hearing the song's different sections flow into one another with ease. I also like Kate's voice on the “please” bits towards the end and the track's somewhat subdued fadeout. I've never heard the Castaway version so my commentary is based only on the B-side version.
    @OspreyQueen - 8.5 A gourmet basic bop.
    @Seventeen Days - 8 I remember this being on my remaster of Hounds of Love. The big late 80s feel of this really suits Kate’s vocals on this one.
    @DominoDancing - 7 Pretty weak lyrics for Kate.
    @sfmartin - 6 A solid song. Relatively unexciting.

7. Suprised this lasted so long compared to some of the songs that have gone already. Used to like it but it sounds a bit basic now.

P'NutButter likes this.
  8. This next one is one of my favourites of the rate, so I'm kinda pissed...

[​IMG]

The Wedding List 8

Highest Score: 10 x 7 @The Hot Rock, @Music Is Life, @Jam, @confess85, @31entrance, @ohnoitisnathan, @JonBcn
    Lowest Score: 4 x 2 @CasuallyCrazed, @sfmartin

@ohnoitisnathan - 10 Psycho story-telling Kate at her best.
    @Music Is Life - 10 This bops. I really like the story she tells with the lyrics, and the parts where it slows down and it's just a piano at first but there are more instruments added and she starts using her lower voice are serious highlights. Is that the chorus? Hmmm I actually kind of love this.
    @31entrance - 10 BOOOTAAAAYYEEE!!! iconic
    @djmakemewet - 9.5 This is one of the first Kate tracks where I remember being able to pick apart and interpret the lyrics and I felt the kind of smartness that's normally reserved for getting University Challenge questions right. The final verse is incredibly bleak and that final “Ruuuuuudyyyyyyy!” is haunting.

@DominoDancing - 9 This works so much better for me than some of her similar songs. Especially like the quiet pre-chorus.
    @Untitled - 9 When will your faves make murder and suicide sound that cheerful? Never, that is when.
    @Seventeen Days - 8.5 The sheer theatrics of this track are so good. I love Kate as the bride, hellbent on revenge after her husband is killed at the altar. Uma Thurman found taking notes!
    @Jóga - 7 It’s rather dynamic and it gets points for all the growling and screaming towards the end but it’s far from a favourite.

9. Every time I get tagged I'm waiting for it to be my 11 because the only tracks I could imagine being lowest rated for are Director's Cut ones and they're gone.

Really sad this one and most of Never for Ever are being done wrong.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  10. My thoughts exactly, in my case I feel like The Red Shoes should've taken more hits in its place

11. So behind on this due to notifications not showing up.

I’m fucking FUMING about Misty!

12. not another one of my faves falling before the top 50

13. Eh, I'm not upset about any of these last 4 elims.

14. Does this mean the singles are the only ones left from Never for Ever? Disgrace! I'm hoping Breathing will make top ten.

15. Can we have an update on which songs are remaining before/when we get to the top 50 @P'NutButter ?

16. Yep, it's scheduled.

Today two more recent tracks will be leaving.

17. Was and, of course, is. I just wandered back in time remembering my initial reaction in 2005.

18. I suppose the next one could've also had links to film, in that Jude Law was involved with it...

[​IMG]

Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (2012 Remix) 8.01

Highest Score: 10 x 4 @Hatbar, @Scoundrel_Days, @Jam, @CasuallyCrazed
    Lowest Score: 2 x 1 @ohnoitisnathan

@31entrance - 9.5 The original is so special to me but this is also good
    @sfmartin - 9 It doesn't stray too far from the original and is pretty much a replica of the 12 inch remix but its still great. I was amused at how they tried to connect the lyrics to the olympics purely through use of the word running. Regardless, she certainly deserved her place in the opening ceremony.
    @DominoDancing - 9 ...it's a perfectly fine version. Transposing the track down a bit gives it a little bit more body, which I like. But the new vocals are not an improvement, and as a whole this mix feels kinda unnecessary.
    @djmakemewet - 8.5 I've always wanted a version of this song that combined the 12” remix intro with the album version so this is quite a cool thing to have. It'd be a tall order to improve on the original though and this does fall a bit short.
    @OspreyQueen - 8 I quite like this version even if it doesn’t change much. The lower key adds a darker and more confident edge.
    @lob0to - 8 Decent, but doesn't beat or equal the original.
    @Untitled - 7 Why mess with perfection tho?
    @ohnoitisnathan - 2 Completely unnecessary. I feel embarrassed for Kate that she just used the original backing track, too. This is like Sinitta or Hazell Dean recording new, inferior versions of their 80s hits because a. they know they're the only songs people want to hear, and b. they don't own the rights.

19. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the title on a quick glance
    [​IMG]

20. Breathing is classic Kate Bush so it should do. But then again...

P'NutButter likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.