This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Hounds Of Love

57 vote(s)
    53.8%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. [​IMG]

berserkboi, abael, Wild Man. and 10 others like this.
  2. My 11 made top 10! Woohoo!

P'NutButter and sfmartin like this.
  3. Finally! It's a good song but I just find the whole concept creepy and uncomfortable in 2019. My average for the top 10 is 9.55, which is pretty incredible all things considered (though I still feel like bemoaning the injustice of Moments of Pleasure not making it!)

4. wait at me about to post this again once I saw that graphic and then seeing there was another page

djmakemewet and Phonetics Boy like this.
  5. You guys, what if "Army Dreamers" wins this whole thing...

ohnoitisnathan and DominoDancing like this.
  6. Just catching up on this. Whilst am gutted no tracks from the hugely underrated The Red Shoes made it to the top 10 (especially as in my view, Moments Of Pleasure should have been a cer), to say that this is such a super strong top 10, would be an understatement. Rooting for The Sensual World to be at least top 5 especially!

sfmartin likes this.
  7. Thankfully it's written in stone that Running Up That Hill has to get a higher average. Please Jesus.

8. Running Up That Hill, surely will be the winner, surely...

9. I guess that's my cue then to say that the gentle Army Dreamers has much more of an impact on me than Hounds of Love or Cloudbusting, so I for one am more than happy that it got a Top 10 placement.

berserkboi, P'NutButter and lob0to like this.
  10. Regarding Army Dreamers the transcendent lyrics that expertly communicate the message of young men and women being taken too soon through being sent to war and the added layer of class/education justifies it's place on the top 10

11. The fact that not a SINGLE song from 'The Ninth Wave' made the top 10 is, quite frankly, fucking atrocious. That being said, it's a pretty solid top 10 nonetheless.

12. Ready to break the top 10?...

@DominoDancing - 10 This is so effective musically and lyrically despite being a very quiet moment. Love the song, was actually a contender for my 11.
    @sfmartin - 10 Still as powerful and potent today as it ever was.
    @Jóga - 10 A waltz about Army guys who die and haven’t had a chance to grow up. Enough said.
    @Seventeen Days - 9 Kate sings from the viewpoint of a mother whose son has been killed in war. The waltz style of this really adds to the plaintive emotion of the song, and helps to illustrate the mother’s guilt over being unable to prevent her son’s death.

@djmakemewet - 8.5 I love how many of Kate's songs are unabashedly feminine without sacrificing bite or impact. By telling the story of Army Dreamers from the perspective of a grieving mother, Kate manages to amplify the tragedy of the situation. The gentle waltz played on guitar provides a great counterpoint to the lyrics. I wish the album version had the extended outro and cold ending from the single, though. I remember the fadeout being quite jarring on my first listen.
    @OspreyQueen - 8.5 So clever how the melody sounds happy from a distance, but listen closely and you can hear the sadness lurking underneath. Also, Kate putting on that slight Irish accent to portray the grieving mother is such a genius touch.
    @Music Is Life - 8.5 This was cute.
    @ohnoitisnathan - 8.5 Decent song, but that twee voice is a little... distracting.

13. There is........... a 4 in the top 10. hope it's gone soon

14. The layers this commentary has!

Music Is Life and P'NutButter like this.
  15. I'm happy that I was wrong and at least one track from that album made the top 10.

I agree. Also, it's a shame that the superior 7" version still hasn't been released on an official Kate Bush CD since the 1986 compilation used the album version and the remasters don't include 7" versions either.

16. Show me another female popstar that has pulled a stunt like the one in the last ten seconds of that video.

P'NutButter and djmakemewet like this.
  17. Not too surprised that's the first loss from the top 10. Fantastic it made it so far though and much deserved too I think.

18. People are going to hate you for it.

I can't believe there is a less than a week left in this rate, it's been so much work but I've loved it so much.

19. aux

aux

Despite all the... interesting scoring from some members, everything on your part has been incredible. Thank you so much for running this x

20. Going to make my predictions for the top 10:

10. Army Dreamers
    9. Sat In Your Lap
    8. Babooshka
    7. Breathing
    6. Cloudbusting
    5. Hounds of Love
    4. The Sensual World
    3. Wuthering Heights
    2. Running Up That Hill
    1. This Woman's Work

edit - I compiled this before seeing Army Dreamers was #10.

berserkboi and Phonetics Boy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.